New (to me) 79 620 today (need parts)

Oregon_PLG222

The pickup is in really good mechanical shape w/ 100k and pretty straight body. Minor surface rust here/there at body panel joints.

It desperately needs door and window rubber and carpet. The top of the dash is cracked but the face looks pretty good.

Amazingly, virtually everything is original and works such as switches, knobs, etc. Oh, I do need to find a dome light/cover.

Where can I find the carpet and rubber?

79-620-1.jpg

79-620-2.jpg

79-620-3.jpg

79-620-1.jpg

1960and1962-2-reduced.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really stumped about carpet. It seems amazingly hard to find a custom fit replacement carpet (of good quality) for a 620. Unfortunately, mine didn't come w/ anything so I don't even have a pattern. So, I'm planning to get a piece of carpet and cut/fit myself. The question is, what should I use for padding under the carpet? I'm thinking that regular house carpet pad would not be a good idea.

Yes on the CB. It and the dash-mounted speaker were the first to get ripped out. Followed by the pinkish bug shield and the black camper shell. It looks better already. Next, I've got to rip the marker lights and horn off the top of the cab and fill the holes.

79-620-5.jpg

I did find a cab dome light. I would like to find a pass side door and fender in Southern Oregon.