Getting rid of B210 Air Conditioning Parts

az_rat210

I have the internal under dash parts (no dehydrator), the external front radiator, a compressor (not sure if it works) and the compressor mounts.

Let me know if you are interested, otherwise I will drop the parts off at the recycling center.

Will hold the parts for a few days.

The under dash parts are disassbled, some assembly required.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the internal under dash parts (no dehydrator), the external front radiator, a compressor (not sure if it works) and the compressor mounts.

Let me know if you are interested, otherwise I will drop the parts off at the recycling center.

Will hold the parts for a few days.

The under dash parts are disassbled, some assembly required.

I want! PM sent

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I need any of the air conditioning parts for a 79 b210 I can get let me know what you have 5012822493

Air Conditioning Parts

Dguy210 already has all the parts from my B210. If yours is a 79 it is a 210. There are actually several 210s in a Bone Yard here in Tucson. ACS, its on Illinois Avenue. You might try contacting them.

BTW thanks Az_Rat, and now I'm going to threadjack a bit here.

Ibuytooling as I said in the other thread the 210 and B210 A/C stuff is very different***. B210 parts are not even close to a direct bolt in for a 210! I have everything firewall forward from a 210 and I'm grafting it to the B210 underdash unit, with some 620 parts thrown in for good measure, and I'm still looking for B210 parts to hook everything up.

I feel for you situation, but it is not quite as simple as buying all the parts and installing them, and I'm saying this as someone who has rebuilt car A/C systems before. It is doable by yourself, but it requires a thorough understanding of how the parts work and what you can and can't get away with. Note, I'm skipping over the whole legal aspects of it altogether.

If you had all the parts from a 210 sitting there to transfer over, you will still need to replace a couple of key components, such as the drier at a minimum, preferably the expansion valve, all the o-rings (if using fittings), the compressor oil, and the refrigerant, likely the hoses need to be replaced also unless replacing the refrigerant with R12, and that is assuming they are in great shape to begin with. You'd also probably want to flush the system. If you use R134a, which is realistically the the most likely scenario, you will need to replace the hoses with barrier hoses suitable for R134a. Stay away from Freeze 12! The R12 hoses can not be reused! You would also likely need to rig up some set of adapters to fill with also. You will also need several tools, including gauges and a vacuum pump. These can be rented from Autozone thankfully so no huge outlay of money there.

What I'm saying is that if you are not already very familiar with car A/C systems this is probably not the best place to start, and you definitely don't want to be trying to cram a B210 A/C setup into a 210. There are other options you may want to look into that might be "good enough". If you are extremely familiar with car A/C setups, then please feel free to ignore this.

***Note: I pulled parts from an '81? 210, if someone who has a '79 with A/C can please check I know the B210 uses push on hoses with hose clamps while the 210 uses screw on fittings, does the '79 use push on or screw on hoses?

ACS has both a B210 with complete AC (internal parts) and 210's. I do not know if they will ship or not, but you can ask.

Phone: (520) 747-8965.

There is a rear smasched blue hatchback (77 I think) B210. It should still have all of the air conditioning parts. There is a 78 4 door B210 that might still have the inside parts. There are at least 3 210's, years unknown.

If you mention James with the Blue B210 referred you, The owner might give you a better deal. I say might as I have mentioned I would refer Datsuners his way.

There is also a Brown 77 B210 that someone had been storing there, and the car got torn up so he gave up on it. This car is complete (including AC, and has a Dogleg 5-Speed. You may be able to get parts off it also.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...