i searched, i found, im confused....620 wireing diagrams.....

Llittle_Llama

ok, i found these, http://www.the620.com/data/dat620-1979.pdf and have been looking for about 10 minutes now... they KINDA make sense, but not totally. i also have these things and i dont know what they are or what they go to and want to know what i can do with them.....

th_dsgh004.jpg

ok, the red wires here are on both sides, they go into the sides and i THINK go to the door switches that turn the interior lights on, does anyone know for sure?

th_dsgh005.jpg

th_dsgh006.jpg

ok, these 2 pictures are of the same mystery thing, what is it and can i remove it..... if not, i would like to tape the harness and clean it up so the rest is easier to work on.

th_dsgh007.jpg

th_dsgh008.jpg

same with these 2, mystery thing, what the hell is it, and do i just need to clean it up?

th_dsgh009.jpg

and this is just a pic of what i am starting with, i should be done with the under dash junk this week :)

what im trying to do is eliminate everything not needed and to wire in new switches so i can run things as i want them, ie. the running lights on and headlights off, or headlights on or running off kinda thing. All stock switches will be gone, and the only thing im keeping is the heater blower, the blower for fresh air will be deleted.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the help. :mad: this is a different topic, i am asking about specifics now that the dash is out of the truck. i am trying to figure out wireing diagrams and this is a thread that can be searched for and used again by others. the other 2 were for removal of dash (totally different) and one was for the speedo cable removal....i searched and found nothing, now if someone else needs to know they can search and find out how to remove it.....anyway, anyone have any help for me?

th_dsgh004.jpg

Yes those wires go to the door switches. The driver's side will also have wires to the interior lamp, and possibly to the kick panel speaker.

th_dsgh005.jpg

th_dsgh006.jpg

th_dsgh007.jpg

th_dsgh008.jpg

One is the seat belt warning timer, the other is the buzzer which is run by the timer. Doesn't matter which is which if your are tearing it out.

... All stock switches will be gone, and the only thing im keeping is the heater blower, the blower for fresh air will be deleted.

The blower works for the heater or fresh air. Fresh air is selected by pulling out the big black knob in the middle of the heater. Leave it alone, your going to need it this summer.

last thing, so far i have remover the A/C system, the under hood light that comes on when hood is opened, and the washer bottle. those wires will be traced and removed tomorrow

any others i should remove that you can think of off hand?

WTF are you removing the washer bottle for? This is a very convenient safety feature for clearing the windshield. The engine room lamp could keep you from being stranded some dark night when you couldn't see that your coil wire fell off!!! Is one of those Blackhawks gonna fall on me because you thought they didn't need some of their wiring????:lol:

If you want to save some weight... leave the spare tire at home!!!

awesome, imma rip them out then, lol. the reason for the A/C stuff is it doesnt work, but the blower is staying, i didnt realize there was only one blower, i thought there was one in the thing i removed. the one in the truck is staying, lol. the door switches are coming out too and the stereo is being rewired all from scratch. i dont do wiring on blackhawks either, just component removal and installation, lol. i fly and let the pilots know if theres a problem.

im not an electrician, but i can make wiring harnesses and know a little about what im doing. if i knew everything, i prolly wouldn't be on here, i'd be out there doing it and not needing your help. so i ask for help, and instead of it 90% of the time, i get "you have no idea what your doing" or "and you want to do that but cant even figure out that!?!"......that being said, thank you other 10% that help, you all know who you are.

I would of chimed in sooner, but I have 521 pickups, and there are some huge differences between the two. The gizmos you are holding I have not seen on a 521.

I have found out that on a 620 the power for the heater fan is switched with a relay, on the positive side of the motor, and the speed of the heater fan is controlled by a resistor that is switched into the ground side of of the heater motor, on a 521 the power is switched through the speed switch, on the positive side, of the motor, and the heater fan motor ground side is just grounded.

I do not know everything. Sometimes I ask dumb (to you) questions. Everyone on this board may need help at one time or another, everyone may be able to offer help at one time or another.

So what if somebody posts a lot. Deal with it yourself, do not be a hater. Let them post. You do not have to read it if you do not want to.

If someone works on Blackhawk helicoptors, I assume you are in the military. If that is you, my heartfelt thanks to you for choosing a profession where you are literally signing up to put your life in danger to protect my freedoms. THANK YOU!