Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

I have a set of rims like those 300ZX I think, just wondering if you used any spacers and what thickness they where? I have a 72 sedan I want to use them on with 280ZX struts and adjustable coil springs.

In the rear you don't need a spacer.....I added an 8mm spacer just to give it a better stance.

In front....I had stock struts and HAD to use an 8mm spacer and the tire size I ran barely fit.....I couldn't go any lower cause the coil over nut would hit the tire.....

My understanding is that the 280zx strut sucks the wheel in another 3/4"........so you would need a 1 1/16" spacer to fit those wheels up front

I have a 195/50R15 on those rims.

Hope this helped.....

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info Busta, that will help a lot. One more question, what's a good source to get spacers for the 510?

also on the rears I had to use sticky weights with those same rims because the clip on would just nick the a arm in the rear 

• Like 1

also on the rears I had to use sticky weights with those same rims because the clip on would just nick the a arm in the rear

Thanks as well I will get some notes together on this info. I may just use them on my 72/510 I've had the longest since about 1979.

IMG_20140414_165121.jpg

It's at a shop getting the trans swapped and then to should be able to go if I do not run into much trouble with the gas tank (rust). It's been setting up in the garage with my other cars. I have the rims with new tires so why not use them now rather than later.

IMG_20130331_121828.jpg

• Like 1

This is true......but not if you space them.....

This reminds me.......on very hard turns the front weights would hit the tie rod ends also......

.......that doesn't last long if you drive like I do.

• Like 2

Again thanks for the info. If I use the rims on the 72 /510 I'll just use shortened stock struts. I can't slam it like yours because if I take it to New Orleans the streets are are NOT slammed friendly. I like the way your car looks with those rims.

Drove her out to the coast yesterday to put things to a minor test......I say minor cause the Madame was with me and she gets white-knuckled when she feels the g-force kickin' in....

......still trippin' about that damn roll-over...geeez....

Felt great though...tight and smooth.....no rubs....no bottoming out....

IMG_7275_zps2302ee92.jpg

IMG_7272_zps4be37f37.jpg

IMG_7274_zps2c0ae404.jpg

IMG_7277_zps57611d7f.jpg

IMG_7273_zpsc9041812.jpg

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

• Like 2

The front LCA mount is single shear on a 510, and holds up a lot more weight. But you are definitely right about bolt size. The front single-shear LCA bolt is HUGE.  :thumbup:

I'll just add that the load applied to the front inner LCA pick-up (14mm) is triangulated (the load is taken through the strut and LCA together....so it's not a fair comparison for load application.  That being said, you are definitely spot on in the rear lower stud. It has been a long time since I have worked on mine and remembered the 10mm bolt but forgot about the 16mm stud that it threads into. I am in the process of fitting up new dampers and just pulled off the shocks over the weekend to reveal the stud that I now need to adapt a 5/8" spherical bearing to.  @ Busta if you want to try those Koni's out let me know.  I can dyno them up and provide a printout of the force vs. velocity curve to show they are working as they should.

@ Busta if you want to try those Koni's out let me know.  I can dyno them up and provide a printout of the force vs. velocity curve to show they are working as they should.

I'll give'em a shot.....I have something in mind :sneaky:

The print out is not necessary......

Bring'em by anytime.....or I can come by your place.....I'd love to check out your project

PM sent............................................................................................................................................................................................

........and since there was hardly a rub or scrape.......

....you know what we had to do..........

IMG_7294_zpsf5063fcc.jpg

put the other 2 tires to see if rubbing goes on..........

IMG_7295_zpsc6a15156.jpg

• Like 1

Went for another short spin...........

All seems well.......the ride is much bumpier though.......which I don't mind..........

Load it with some people and I might have some issues............but I rarely have people in it..........

I'm pretty happy with it :thumbup:  :thumbup:

.........now gotta finish those wheels :sneaky:

• Like 1

Looks killer man!!!

Getting the exhaust tucked up nice and high on my wagon was the best thing I ever did!!! Now it's the bell housing that scrapes lol!

The exhaust leaves the manifold and goes directly up and over the transmission. Was a tight fit with 2" pipe but managed it...

• Like 1

I need to do that...........but I would have to have my header shortened......

My header flange and the part that dips under the LR axle are the parts that have scraped so far..........

................not bad enough for me to do something about it though :D