Olivia - 69 2 door 510 sedan - fully built CA18DET

The only thing I can think of that is Euro are the Mirrors and HIDS (BMW) but that's going to change soon to JDM Fender Morrors. 

Maybe the front Brakes too cause they are off a Jaguar. Oh and my Personal Steering Wheel may be considered Euro

although it's made in Italy and my Recaros are made in Germany but I wouldn't call that a bunch. 

Everything else that is not Nissan is still Japanese. 

Plus, I just hate Ford. LOL!

Not trying to hate, but it sounded like you were trying to be an elitest to only running Jap parts... yet you just named off quite a few that were not Japanese. Just sayin'.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to hate, but it sounded like you were trying to be an elitest to only running Jap parts... yet you just named off quite a few that were not Japanese. Just sayin'.

Lulz, Tristin, your cracking me up.  :rofl: 

Out of the hundreds of parts on my dime, I named a hand full of parts; Soon to be less than a handful.

I would not even closely consider that "Quite a few". 

And it's not being an elitist, It's being a purist. Big difference. B) 

Plus, Did I mention I hate Ford? Hahaha

You cant be a purist with anything thats different... thats where the term purist comes from lol. And its not like you named bolts and a thermostat. Everything you said you had were obvious "in the open" parts that can be key things. I dont care one way or another, but like said it just sounded like you were being an elitist when your own build didnt back it.

And hating Ford is fine, but thats not what you originally said. You said you wanted to run RSX ones because they were Japanese... meaning you didnt want to run Ford because they were Domestic; not because they were Ford.

But like I said... not hating, just pointing out inaccuracies that I thought I saw.

I had a coolant hose with a pinhole under the throttle body.... that took me about 2 hours to replace on Saturday. I had to remove a lot to get to it.. it was lame. Maybe while I have stuff apart i'll remove some of the unused coolant lines.

Yay!

Thats one of my main gripes about newer engines, is that they pack so much crap into the bay, that its harder to get to things when they break. At least you got it fixed!

I'd much rather keep my stuff Nissan then smear my interior with Ford crap! Hahaha

I'd rather use my RSX vents. They look exactly like the ford ones but are Japanese...

You cant be a purist with anything thats different... thats where the term purist comes from lol. And its not like you named bolts and a thermostat. Everything you said you had were obvious "in the open" parts that can be key things. I dont care one way or another, but like said it just sounded like you were being an elitist when your own build didnt back it.

And hating Ford is fine, but thats not what you originally said. You said you wanted to run RSX ones because they were Japanese... meaning you didnt want to run Ford because they were Domestic; not because they were Ford.

But like I said... not hating, just pointing out inaccuracies that I thought I saw.

My first sentence was having Nissan stuff and not wanting Ford crap in my car. That's what I ORIGINALLY said. 

I also never said I wouldn't run Domestic stuff. To be Accurate, I said I wouldn't run Ford Crap.

Your assuming and putting words into my mouth. LOL! 

But I digress.... Sorry Ben

HA HA HA! I've done that. My car was on stands many times but when i was working on the suspension i ran into very cold weather last year and my car was outside, so i would put the tarp over my car, turn on my shop light (which provided heat in the cabin) and i would sit in there pretending i was driving and smoking cigarettes. It was a good time.

As far as the diff.... i'm using this as an opportunity to finish some things that i would otherwise let go for a while longer if i could drive the car. I haven't even looked, it may not be the diff! Who knows at this point. I need to definitely drop as many coolant lines as I can, add an oil cooler, put in the crossmember, maybe flip it or do a custom pan (not sure yet), install all new bushings, throw some new TC rods in, probably new control arms too and a sway bar.... that's a lot to do. Dude, not to mention i have to pull the rocker covers/cams/front timing cover so i can re-torque the head bolts. Fucking ARP didn't mention in their instructions you have to torque, loosen 3 times, then run the motor and then re-torque because some will be loose. 

Anyway, that's that... big list, lots of time, no money :/

HA HA HA! I've done that. My car was on stands many times but when i was working on the suspension i ran into very cold weather last year and my car was outside, so i would put the tarp over my car, turn on my shop light (which provided heat in the cabin) and i would sit in there pretending i was driving and smoking cigarettes. It was a good time.

As far as the diff.... i'm using this as an opportunity to finish some things that i would otherwise let go for a while longer if i could drive the car. I haven't even looked, it may not be the diff! Who knows at this point. I need to definitely drop as many coolant lines as I can, add an oil cooler, put in the crossmember, maybe flip it or do a custom pan (not sure yet), install all new bushings, throw some new TC rods in, probably new control arms too and a sway bar.... that's a lot to do. Dude, not to mention i have to pull the rocker covers/cams/front timing cover so i can re-torque the head bolts. Fucking ARP didn't mention in their instructions you have to torque, loosen 3 times, then run the motor and then re-torque because some will be loose. 

Anyway, that's that... big list, lots of time, no money :/

So you'll be done by next weekend. What's the big deal? Then you can deal with the diff..... LOL!

ha ha ha, yeah... true. I have monday off so i can do some of that stuff. Definitely doing the head bolts monday at the latest. Hopefully I can knock out the coolant lines too. I may mock up the crossmember just to see what I need to do for the pan and where the engine will sit now. I should have more than 2 inches between my radiator and crank pulley. For some of you guys who have seen the engine, it's CRAMPED!

It's all a function of that damn crossmember.