First full rebuild 510

oldgasman

Hello just found this site. Nice

I had a 510 in high school loved the car. Now 25 years later I just bought a project .. Good bones.

My question is. Does anyone make a wiring kit for 510s ??

What's the deal I see everyone putting in the KA motors. How much better is that ?

What is the best suspension out right now. Not sure what is on this but it does have camber plates and coil overs

Has wildwood brakes does any know if they make a parking adapter for them ?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are Techno Toy camber plates. Im not sure what coilovers youre running but its possible that they could be of the same manufacturer. If you can tell what color the coilover bodies are, it may narrow down the possibilities. Other than a bunch of dirt, the car looks really clean. The interior need some serios help though...

Nice dime and welcome! Never seen a tail panel shaved like that. The head casting No is under and up by the first sparkplug. The block casting No is also on the same side but toward the rear of the engine on a little flat raised area.

Do you know the history of the car?

Looks like you got ground control camber plates, sounds like ground control coil overs also. Nice starting point! Springs could possibly be stamped somewhere.

You can see the T3 markings on the camber plates, those are Techno pieces. For what its worth, Techno Toy and GC kits are the same color. They could be either company and are decent kits so I wouldnt worry about changing them... just make sure none of the shocks are blown or anything.

You can see the T3 markings on the camber plates, those are Techno pieces. For what its worth, Techno Toy and GC kits are the same color. They could be either company and are decent kits so I wouldnt worry about changing them... just make sure none of the shocks are blown or anything.

haha but it used to have ground controls. take a wild guess :fu:

Hello just found this site. Nice

I had a 510 in high school loved the car. Now 25 years later I just bought a project .. Good bones.

My question is. Does anyone make a wiring kit for 510s ??

What's the deal I see everyone putting in the KA motors. How much better is that ?

What is the best suspension out right now. Not sure what is on this but it does have camber plates and coil overs

Has wildwood brakes does any know if they make a parking adapter for them ?

First question: No, nobody makes a wiring kit for the 510. Best bet is to buy a universal kit from ebay and use that. That's what I did.

Second: The KA24E/DE is a really good motor. Modern, decent power and torque, fuel injection, easy to get parts for. Excellent motor for a street drive 510.

Third: Depends on how much you want to spend, but more importantly, what you're planning on doing with the car. A really nice handling car can be had by using the stock, or stock-ish parts. You don't need to spend $5k on suspension for it to handle well. Some of the fastest cars around the autocross use stock parts, and everyone is always surprised that their money pits lost to a "stocker".

Fourth: Some of the previous question can be helped to answer by exactly what kind of calipers are on the front struts already. That will possibly limit what you can do to the front end. Also, you can get what's called a "line lock" for the hydraulic brake lines, in place of a regular parking brake, if Wilwood doesn't make anything.