vac line delete

nissanprerunnerdavid

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't start yanking hoses off or you'll end up with the truck the doesn't start, starts but won't drive, drives but poorly with poor performance and mileage. I would try to get the hoses sorted and properly connected. Look for cracks.

I don't have the '85 but these are from the '84 FSM

84720emissions.jpg

84720vacuum003Large-1.jpg

Just in case your truck came from California....

720vacdiagramLarge.jpg

So does thats mean you shouldny do it?? Cause i have read that it cleans up you bay alot and also gives betterperformance. Is there vac lines you can take out and also can i take out my carbon cannister? Im just trying to take out and much of the emission and vac lines as possible but i dont know which ones to take out.

There are two emission systems you want to leave in place. The PCV system, it helps keep the crankcase cleaner, and the negative pressure in the crankcase reduces oil leaks.

The evaporative emission system prevents gas vapors from escaping, and runs them through the engine instead.

If your engine is tuned good, it can actually use a little less gas with these two systems intact.

It will not perform better. There are no magical hidden 10-15 horse power hidden in the Z24 that can be released by removing 'some hoses'. People have very little idea how the Nissan emission systems work, and what the don't know, they fear. This leads to suspicion that they are being robbed of something like performance. For the most part the emissions equipment in benign in operation. Take the carbon canister. It collects gas fumes from the carb and the gas tank when the motor is shut off. When the motor is running a valve opens and the stored fumes are run into the carb. Has zero effect on running/performance but if removed the fumes have no where to go and stink up the cab, so again why bother?

In the long run it's easier to fix a few cracked and missing hoses and maintain the emissions systems than to remove stuff and end up with almost impossible to diagnose problems.

It will not perform better. There are no magical hidden 10-15 horse power hidden in the Z24 that can be released by removing 'some hoses'. People have very little idea how the Nissan emission systems work, and what the don't know, they fear. This leads to suspicion that they are being robbed of something like performance. For the most part the emissions equipment in benign in operation. Take the carbon canister. It collects gas fumes from the carb and the gas tank when the motor is shut off. When the motor is running a valve opens and the stored fumes are run into the carb. Has zero effect on running/performance but if removed the fumes have no where to go and stink up the cab, so again why bother?

In the long run it's easier to fix a few cracked and missing hoses and maintain the emissions systems than to remove stuff and end up with almost impossible to diagnose problems.

X2...

OP should check out NICO for a good pictoral of the vac line system.

Good stuff!

With this info the emissions hoses should be checked and repaired as needed. Hoses are the weak point as some pull off when removing the air filter, owners put them on wrong or just plug them. They crack from age and use too.