New Datsun 411 owner, have some questions....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a few pix for you guys.... enjoy.

81efed6c.jpg

e36fca84.jpg

e23e3231.jpg

what the difference???

http://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/956681073.html

like the post says hes not sure if its a 410 or what i havent seen one before so i dont know i cant wait to go pick this thing up.Italked to him yesterday.its a go :D:D man this snow has to go.to me the kind of look alike but what do i know lol

man that is a sweet ride hope mine will buffout that good.all of your guy cars are sweet cant wait untill i get mine what swaps have you guys done.I plan on leaving mine stock maybe some wheels.but mostly leaving it stock

Edited by freaky510
iam idiot
Hi Yall,

If you swap out the RL411 automatic for a manual, I am looking for the automatic and all of it's related stuff.

QUOTE]

An easily overlooked part is the gear shift crank that mounts between the engine block and the frame. Also need the frame mounted socket for this assembly. The rods from the extension of the column shift to the firewall mounted crank, and the crank itself are also needed otherwise you have a transmission you cannot shift.

• 2 months later...

First off I know everyone wants to see pictures so once i get it out of the shop I will take some and post them.

I recently bought a RL411 SSS Wagon for 900.00 in Boise and I want to do some work to it... It needed a new Brake Master Cylinder, rear wheel cylinders and the carbs needed to be synced... I am not one to keep a car stock for the most part because i like to turn heads and i saw potental with this car. I dont plan on going extreme with this like i did with my Lexus IS300 because i bought this to be a summer driver (cheaper on gas then a lifted 01' Superduty with 37" tires.) but the more i see peoples ideas come to life on here and seeing that awesome picture FISCH drew I am creating some of my own. I am thinking of flat black over my already red paint then 1000 grit sanding it so the red comes out around the contours, i do like the side exhaust on his drawing so i might use that but i do want to lower it a little. Tint out the windows as well as convert them to electric, possibly do a rag top, do, not redo the interior, clean up the engine and engine bay, finally blacked out wheels with red accent. maybe some low profiles with redlined side walls. I am curious and this is where the questions come in

1. Is there a way to convert my rear drums into disc?

2. Can i use any VW part on this car? I also have a 66 project bug i am chopping and i noticed that both cars have pretty simple parts.

3. can i mount a 5 speed tranny to the existing r16 motor and will i need to upgrade anything on the motor? I tac out driving to work because i have to go 65-70 for about 12 miles and i know thats not good.

4. what kind of upgrades can i do to get more HP out of my car?

5. Who makes a good set of lowering parts for this car?

Any info or ideas for this car would be appriciated and i hope i am not pissing anyone off w/ the mods i am doing. Anyone can restore a car but to customize it shows someones personality, creativity and imagination.

Any info or ideas for this car would be appriciated and i hope i am not pissing anyone off w/ the mods i am doing. Anyone can restore a car but to customize it shows someones personality, creativity and imagination.

Sweet another 411! And a triple S goon yummy! I'm psyched! I dig the cosmetic direction you are headed in. I like the idea of sanding through the black down to the red on the wear spots where you would naturally touch it with your hand. Here is a mazda that might have taken the sand through a bit far, but I still dig, and gives you an idea.

0807mt_08_z+1987_mazda_b2000+front_left_side.jpg

Redline tires will rock. I've wanted to put some on a datto!

And I don't think you have to worry about anyone getting out of shape about your mods, this is Ratsun my man! Do it up!

I wish I could help you with the technical things, but as you will learn, I am way more visual than mechanical!!

(Most importantly, get those pics, list out your mods and start a new project thread about it so the coolness doesn't get lost in this thread!)

Check your fluid level if it's full....I'm afraid you are looking at a trans rebuild or replacement. When you start losing gears it is the end of your trans as it sits. I had this happen on the freeway I suddenly had a box of neutrals because the pump wore out. so get it looked at by someone knows these things.

I recently bought a RL411 SSS Wagon for 900.00 in Boise and I want to do some work to it...

Welcome. Now why would you tack onto someone else's thread instead of starting your own?

It needed a new Brake Master Cylinder, rear wheel cylinders and the carbs needed to be synced

So far, easy day....

1. Is there a way to convert my rear drums into disc?

Nothing documented, but probably 200zx. No one I know of has ever felt it necessary.

2. Can i use any VW part on this car? I also have a 66 project bug i am chopping and i noticed that both cars have pretty simple parts.

None that I am aware of.

3. can i mount a 5 speed tranny to the existing r16 motor and will i need to upgrade anything on the motor? I tac out driving to work because i have to go 65-70 for about 12 miles and i know thats not good.

The only 5-speed that will bolt to the R16 comes from the 2000 roadsters.

Swap the engine - and your choices are limited due to the small engine compartment. Seriously, few folks mod R16 motors. Not cost effective.

5. Who makes a good set of lowering parts for this car?

No one. You're on your own.

Not trying to be a smartass on my answers; just trying to be realistic. I figure less than ten thousand 410/411's were imported into the US from '64-'67. I'd be surprised if a thousand still existed.

There are no vendors.

Cheers.

Edited by ppeters914

Originally Posted by Bisquick 246 [View Post]

A very rare mod can increase the 1600 typeR engine capacity to 2 liters. It was available through NISMO and consisted of 2 Liter FairLady pistons and connecting rods to be retrofitted into the type R block. The 2 liter was basically a 1600 type R modified to take an overhead cam head, so the mod is easier than a lot of thing folks have tried. By the way, 40 thousands over pistons are available for the 2 liter, so this build could be an eye opener. It would look stock RL411 but behave almost like a 2 liter FairLady. In a WRL411 wagon it would certainly be quicker.