Pistons and oil pump

I was going to run L28 flat top pistons in my L20b with a peanut chamber but I was convinced it would yield too much compression for 93 octane?

Anyway, I have been trying to source some L18 pistons(4cc dish) for my L20b, but I have had no luck. It would be sweet if I can get them factory from nissan. Anyone else having trouble finding L18 pistons? If you guys know where to get them, please let me know. I saw the ones from Kameri and $995 is kinda out of my budget.LOL.

Also, I have been trying to source an oil pump from a turbo 280zx. I had one years ago on my L20b and it had an aluminum body. If anyone know where to get these, please let me know. I would love to get one from nissan if they still sell them.

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, I have been trying to source an oil pump from a turbo 280zx. I had one years ago on my L20b and it had an aluminum body. If anyone know where to get these, please let me know. I would love to get one from nissan if they still sell them.

Use the oil pump from any 4 cylinder D-21 Hardbody (Z24i, KA24E and KA24DE truck motors) also the '89-'91 240sx KA24E (only the single cam E for those years, the car DE won't have it.

The 24i in the '83-'86.5 720 does not have it so know what you are looking for as you could be sold a regular pump.

Regular oil pump. Inner rotor top is just barely visible inside the inlet hole (oval)

motorHi-volumeoilpump1Lg.jpg

High volume output oil pump. Rotor is 14% taller and the top is easily visible.

motorHi-volumeoilpump2Lg.jpg

Memorize these two pictures and be sure to get the right one.

Steward wilkeson in austrailia might have the l18 pistons. cheap cast ones.

surf the Ozdat website for part suppliers. But exhauast all the USA options first. soembody is clearing these out in the back room soemwhere

make sure there are L18 4cc semi dished type as the l20 is a 85mm 11.35dished bore as well 280z is a 86mm bore and will work as its 10. something and the non turbo is a flattop

I bet some body has a set as back when I got mine people started buy them up as they were cheap but the place I got them from went defunct. Iam saving them now.