Newbie with a 1977 620

Newkid

what up everyone, ive been lurking on the site for a while and checking out threads to see what direction i wanted to take my truck in

I just picked up a 1977 620 a couple hours ago and i love it

I know the truck needs a tune up and new brakes also

I have big plans for the truck and im happy i found this site

Ill post up pics of the truck tomorrow when its day light out

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

heres some pics, i wanna change the mirrors out also

IMG_20120211_172735.jpg

after i tuned here up she runs alot better now

IMG_20120211_182752.jpg

There was a dash mat on here and i thought the dash was fine under it well i guess not, time to find a new dash or get this one redone some how

IMG_20120211_152656.jpg

the interior is pretty nice but im going to redo it

IMG_20120211_152452.jpg

can someone tell me what this lil blue thing is in the corner, ive been looking at K/C on here and i dont see this in theres, so can i rmove it?

IMG_20120211_152427.jpg

a lil dirty under the hood but i plan to clean it up and get a different air filter and an upgraded carb

IMG_20120211_151700.jpg

It's actually 75 and under smog is needed

I stand corrected.

Currently, smog inspections are required for all vehicles except diesel powered vehicles manufactured prior to 1998 or with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs, electric, natural gas powered vehicles over 14,000 lbs, hybrids, motorcycles, trailers, or gasoline powered vehicles 1975 and older.

Vehicles registered in areas subject to the biennial smog certification program are required to submit evidence of a smog certification every other renewal period. Owners of vehicles six or less model years old will pay an annual smog abatement fee for the first six registration years instead of being required to provide a biennial smog certification. The registration renewal notice mailed to you by the department will indicate if a smog certification is required. If a smog certification is required and you have not had a smog inspection, you may still pay your registration fees to avoid any late fees. However, you will not receive your new registration or year sticker until the smog information has been received by DMV.