WAT IS THIS PART CALLED

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is so on the opposite coast.

Thats why i said if it helps.. no one else seems to be offering to cut one up for him.

Idc about my rep, that ship sailed a long time ago, i did add the troll face just to maybe let the world see i wasn't trying to be the world's biggest dick.

Tell me about it, wish I was the guy that came up with the "oics." term...just sayin'

Fuzz

lulyzy.... He (skib) didn't 'come up with it,' like, worked hard at it, in fact the opposite. No thought process was involved whatever. :lol: It was a keyboard faux pas not to be confused with ''Fat Finger Syndrome". Technically a 'typo' but much more and really attributed to a certain state of mind one evening while posting on Insomniacs.

Maybe changed to "Hall Monitor" while actually being banned

just for the ollz

I totally 'get' this. kudos

(who's the redhead?)

lulyzy.... He (skib) didn't 'come up with it,' like, worked hard at it, in fact the opposite. No thought process was involved whatever. :lol: It was a keyboard faux pas not to be confused with ''Fat Finger Syndrome". Technically a 'typo' but much more and really attributed to a certain state of mind one evening while posting on Insomniacs.

I totally 'get' this. kudos

(who's the redhead?)

Its the same way that PWN came to be... keyboard typo.

PWN was not a keyboard typo.

It was an error that showed up in a video game.

And since has taken on so many different meanings.

Adj. Verb. Hell, can even be found in noun form.

Ive never once heard that history before. Every version Ive ever heard has been that it was done my PC gamers (warcraft) trying to play and type at the same time. You dont dont enough time to correct your typing and since the 'O' is right next to the 'P'... OWN became PWN; same with PICS turning into OICS. The only video game typo story Ive heard was "All your base are belong to us."

Edit: I do apologize and Im wrong. I looked it up and though my game was correct, it was a typo in the game and not online. I did know that, but since have forgotten as its such a used term now I havent had to talk about its history. Good catch!

All I remembered was typo and Warcraft. And you may be old, but Im right there with you as I was into a lot of "classic" things from a young age. Im only 25, but I might as well be 35 with some of the nostalgic era things Im into. Early video games and technology is one of them.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.