WANTED: 610 overhead-headliner-console ting

Will

A friend in college had one of these in his 610 Coupe - does anyone have one that they could part with?(I'm referring to the big chunk of plastic that surrounds the dome light and goes up to the rear view mirror.)

Oops - noticed I mis-typed the title. ting=thing.

P1000491.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That definitely looks like it was pulled from a late model vehicle. Doesn't look very Datsun-ish to me... you might check some junkyard cars in your area and see if anything closely resembles it? From there you'd have to make some sort of mounting apparatus under the headliner.

I've often wondered what it would be like to have an overhead console in my 510, but never looked any further into it.

guys i would have to say that's a 180B-U stock over head .look how the dome light is intergraded and that's a stock dome light for sure .am going to check the sales brochure on the japan model 180B-U

True story

I have seen one in person. More than rare...cooler than cool. I have a pic of it. There is a compass in it for the first Datsun GPS!

AH, a COMPASS! I was trying to remember what was the big feature of this thing. I can't remember why it had red glowing lights too, but they sure did look cool.

True story

I have seen one in person. More than rare...cooler than cool. I have a pic of it. There is a compass in it for the first Datsun GPS!

AH, a COMPASS! I was trying to remember what was the big feature of this thing. I can't remember why it had red glowing lights too, but they sure did look cool.

YES! and "DO WANT!!!"

True story

No longer fiction...FACT!:

101_0509.jpg

101_0510.jpg

"Seat Belt" and "Door!" -so those were the red glowing eyes that I remember.

I'm on the east coast so I've only ever seen one 610 coupe in person, and it had one of these consoles. I always figured that it was a standard feature on the coupes.

Where did you find the picture?

No longer fiction...FACT!:

Where did you find the picture?

I am sworn to secrecy...literally.

I really tried my best to make an offer for this one...to no avail. Apparently, money does not talk for all things...

So, we agreed that pictures to show burden of proof that one exists was plenty enough...I am still looking for the elusive part...

I had no idea that the console was a national secret!

My friend doesn't have the car anymore, but it is still out there somewhere - with a company that rents cars to movies, I think. He ended up getting it totally restored. Back in the mid-90's there wasn't a huge online presence for people that liked Datsuns other than 510s and Z-cars, so it was nice to know someone else who liked odd 70's Japanese cars!

I am sworn to secrecy...literally.

I looked on ebay for one of these. ...I didn't find one, but I did notice that car designers have been hiding faces in the designs of overhead consoles for quite some time.

Console_Faces_zps8a214332.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.