510 Radio Antenna

Docsis510

I bought an antenna for my 510. My 510 came basic from the dealer back in 1970. No radio,antenna, or cig lighter. I recently bought a radio antenna from ebay. Today I received the antenna but it doesnt have any cable to attach to the radio. Its only the metal piece. Is there other parts I need to buy?? Is the antenna,and cable two separate parts? Where can I get the cable part? Thanks for the help..

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On most of my vehicles I shave the antenna, though for my 510 I plan on keeping it since its a little nostalgic. Anyway, on the other cars to still keep the radio you can buy an aftermarket antenna which is basically a sticker that is applied to in inside corner of your windshield. You could always do that...

I bought an antenna for my 510. My 510 came basic from the dealer back in 1970. No radio,antenna, or cig lighter. I recently bought a radio antenna from ebay. Today I received the antenna but it doesnt have any cable to attach to the radio. Its only the metal piece. Is there other parts I need to buy?? Is the antenna,and cable two separate parts? Where can I get the cable part? Thanks for the help..

just started thinking... your's is like mine is. I have two plugs on the a pilar. Look into the window mounted powered antenna. THey are great and you wont have to worry about mounting one to the A pilar...

The one I purchased looks like this one..

http://www.sears.com...u=SPM6085951501

I think I purchased the metra.

https://bargain-electronics.com/product.php?productid=115633