WTB: 1969 510 Sedan Parts

This will be a listing of the items I need to complete the build of my Datto. It will probably be a running post so I will update it when I figure out what other parts I need. Im will to do cash, Paypal, parts trade (though I have little right now), trade for graphics/web design, or just PM me... All items are for a 1969 Datsun 510 Sedan unless otherwise noted.

Currently looking for:

Windshield washer knob (will take the whole switch if a good price)

Stock radio knobs

Cigarette lighter

Old school aluminium and wood slat roof rack w/ mounting hardware.

15" rims (similar in style to Riversides, Dunlops, Ewing III's)

Lowering springs (F/R)

Bluebird/GL Tail lights

68 Round metal coat hangers

280zx struts

Bumper mounted license plate light

L20b flexplate swag for automatic transmission

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Not only for a bluebird these came on 68 510's. I take it you have 68 rear bumper already

Yes... I realise they came on 68's as well. Not sure why I didnt write that. I do not have a 68 bumper, as I cannot find one local and dont plan to pay for shipping for a bumper. I planned to just tap my 69 bumper for the three required holes... Im assuming that a legit option.

Sorry ti hi jack but you got a set of taillights?

Im not 100% sure what youre asking. If youre asking if I already purchased a set of GL taillights then yes I already have some. If youre asking if I have a set of stock taillights for sale then I do not. I have already sold my set to 510Mama...

I have also contemplated just going with a light for awhile and see what happens.

The gl lightz are pretty cool. I ha e a set of those with the center garnish.i think this spring im going to to put one of my sets of bluebird lights in my black car

Sorry for the hi jack

• 3 weeks later...

I Only suggested ROTAS cause I think its what you could afford. Panasports maybe not so much. Rotas will explode, if hit a curb but so will XXRs ect. And alot of these chinese wheels comming out.

HREs. Volk TE37ss would look good but didnt need to mention them. As those are HIgh roller wheels.

Well you got a automatic trans and dont have a spare car so I thiink having the right wheel would just be ezer to do and concentrate on other stuff.

As if this is a daily driver and only daily driver, you really need to get another car as a spare. so this car can be done right. I just dont see strAIGHT 510s that much and hate to loose another.

As I get older I try not to worry about it more but I remeber back when I got out of the airforce and would see stacks of 510s on top of each other in the Junkyard most all straight and wonder how does this happen(points out of adjustment)Ez head gasket swap. Dropped timming chain?

I seen a guy sawzall his fenders*straight 510) cause you got some big rims. IM sure he didnt like ROTAS/Panadsorts/ Watanabes either. But it was his car.

Its alright its your car but Frank in Everett can do this. He did his sons I think it was 7x15 with Zero degree offset. If 8 inch zero deg one really need s to pull it and isnt EZ as one thinks.

Thanks for the reply to the other thread in this one... And I really have no budget so price is no option. I really have no spending limit as when I want something I will just save for it.

We have another car in the house if I need to do something to this vehicle that will take it off the road for an extended period of time. I just choose to daily this one. I dont plan on doing anything that will send it to the junkyard. I have plenty of people that I work with that have fabrication skills up the wazoo. You dont have to worry that youre going to lose another 510. Once you see where Im going with this, you will be ok with it. I wont ruin anything.

I know Im new around here and you dont like seeing new guys come in and fuck a bunch of shit up on the cars and then give up. Im not new to car building and will do this car right. I appreciate the honesty and value your input. But I think I know what Im doing... and if I dont, I will do the research to make sure that when I attempt something I will know by that time.

If you would like to continue this conversation about it, I would appreciate it if you would move it back to the Fender Rolling thread (as its where it started and thats the topic of the thread) or message me through PMs. I would like to keep this as my Want to Buy thread please.

Ps. Ive seen a tan 510 with TE-37s and it was gorgeous.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.