Old Orange is finally getting some love

Rays74

Welp....I talked with a very nice lady at the Cali DMV (who actually had a connection with me in that she learned to drive in a '67 520 truck...cool huh? :)) and although the call started well enough, I got no where but blah. Since my truck is on non-op, it's not gathering any crazy fees BUT since I wanna put it back in service before it's do date (April 30) I have pay for ALL of 2011! Even though it's only $70 more, and in the grand scheme of things that's not a lot, it's still more than I wanna give them. The yearly is $88 for it so it's like paying almost two years worth.

I'm just venting, just sucks......

--Ray

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp....I talked with a very nice lady at the Cali DMV (who actually had a connection with me in that she learned to drive in a '67 520 truck...cool huh? :)) and although the call started well enough, I got no where but blah. Since my truck is on non-op, it's not gathering any crazy fees BUT since I wanna put it back in service before it's do date (April 30) I have pay for ALL of 2011! Even though it's only $70 more, and in the grand scheme of things that's not a lot, it's still more than I wanna give them. The yearly is $88 for it so it's like paying almost two years worth.

I'm just venting, just sucks......

--Ray

Chino im in Eastvale on your border down euclid of of pine.

Yeah buddy, that's just around the way from the RC flying field we go to as well :D You'll hafta hang out with us at some of the up coming SWDP meets we have planned this summer.

--Ray

Ron- Moved the fam. to BHC..bought a house..went to truck driving school...got my cdl...start new job in a few days.

Ray- any plans to lower the truck or will it stay at stock height ?

Right now it's about 2in lower in front than stock, just off the orig rubber bumpers and just enough to give it a bit of stance :) Guess the pics don't show it huh? I'll have to see about posting more pics to show it better.

Well this Tuesday my truck gets it's new tags and will be back on the road for good, I'm sure looking forward to it :D

--Ray

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the long wait........but we are mobile now! LOL. Not much in the cosmetics dept. but I am so stoked to have it back in the line-up :) :).

Just got new 215-70-14 Cooper's on the old chrome wagon wheels we had spare (not sure on the offset.....they are deeper than the white ones I had on there previously though).

Enjoy......I am :D

--Ray

100_0046.jpg

100_0059.jpg

Hey this is wat the lineup looked like at my house this past

Sunday....you can see Rays truck is lookin better, and of course

the white '72 is gettin ready for JCCS..(Yeller is stayin home

this year)

boys3.jpg

daboys.jpg

And vintage BLUE/YELLOW license plates too ! !

Oh yeah, Mike..........I'm all about that kinda period correct stuff :) The right side sticker is actually the orig Cal.1975 registration sticker from when the truck was bought new in April '74 and it also has it's orig Coast Datsun (Long Beach, Calif.) license plate frame :thumbup: .

Still doesn't hold a candle to Dad's two Gems though.........but I'm working at it.

--Ray

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

SWDP Represent!! :thumbup:

My truck has proven itself a great daily driver. We all argue over who gets to drive it where....LOL.

Ready for the BBQ.

100_9920.jpg

• 1 month later...

So sitting for a few years did in some of the control systems........my clutch master and slave cyl both went within a week of each other. The master I caught in time (saw a drip in the cab) but the slave let go a few blocks from the house while my wife was at the helm. Luckily she was able to get a friendly passerby to help push the truck off to the curb out of the way. I shoulda replaced it when I did the master....lesson learned..LOL.

I drove the truck home.......from stop I would drop the trans in 1st and crank the starter, as I drove the 3 blocks clutchless shifting I only hit one red light.....:) So we're back on the road again now, ummmmm you guys didn't want any pics of me sweatin' my azz off in 104degree temps changing the thing did ya? Didn't think so.