Copart Auto Auction site?

You guys may know about this site,but it is news to me. They list salvage cars, fleet cars, etc. from around the country in an auction style bid scenerio. Don't know what it takes to bid, like if you need to be a dealer or something? There is a video telling you how it works, but I didn't join. But some cool stuff, especially in the 'classics' section. And some of it is cheeeeeeeeeeap.

As far as j-tin, I saw a minty Datsun roadster, and a toyota fj55. There was a British Rover sedan with a V8. Lots of 80's stuff too. But the site is a bit glitchy for me and I got hung up a lot. But generally great pictures that let you zoom in to see the damage.

http://www.copart.com/c2/copart_home_page.html

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined a while ago and they do have some cool stuff sometimes but it is geared toward wrecking yards and dealers more than the public. keep in mind that there are a ton of fees that they don't talk about, so do your research first and inspect the car in person,as the photos and descriptions are very vague sometimes. I bought a 2002 sentra se-r from them and it "ran and drove" but no one said anything about low oil and a knock. :( by the way if you like copart, try iaai.com (insurance auto auctions inc.) same type company and website with auctions in most of the same cities as copart. I have never bought from them but I assume the issues to watch out for would be the same.

I saw a Datsun B210 in Florida, but the site started crashing before I could check out the Details.

That site has a pretty odd mix of cars!

Got to the good stuff (what there was) by sorting by make. Anyway found that 210! No bids. Sells on 2/2 and minimum start of $275. Think it is original or restored? Thing looks mint...

28940091_5X.JPG

28940091_6X.JPG

28940091_7X.JPG

28940091_8X.JPG

...well except for the massive crash it took! (Yeah there's that.) But Baby Supras ta boot! (I think) Those are worth the minimum bid alone.

28940091_1X.JPG

28940091_2X.JPG

28940091_3X.JPG

28940091_4X.JPG

Oh chit, 620 with a v8 pimping ol skool with the lake pipes at Insurance Auto Auctions. In Fontana of all places! (And listed as a b210 LMAO):

9260562_4_I.jpeg

9260562_2_I.jpeg

9260562_1_I.jpeg

9260562_10_I.jpeg

9260562_5_I.jpeg

They had a couple of other 620's and 521's listed too.

the 620 is a v6. The I have been having my eyes of it for a while. As you can see the carb is out in the open. That engine is fucked! The rear bubble window is probably worth 300$ to the right person. The flares, well you can buy those new thanks to steroid. So the engine is fucked! The trans could be too! I would not bid more than 450$ for it. Why? well if your not a dealer. Its 50$ to go in and bid on it. Plus you have to rent out a broker to bid on it for you 50$. Then you have to pay for the car and also a "take out fee" and "Service fee"

so lets say you win the truck for 450$

450$ = cost of truck

50$ = to go inside

50$ = to ask a dealer to bid for you

120$ = service fee

20$ = Take out fee

100+$ = For a tow home....

So your 450$ purchase will end up costing you around 800$

Remember its a clean title car with a lean sale. So it might owe fee's to the dealer. Soooooo....... I passed on it...

• Like 1

I joined Copart a about three years ago. At that time, membership required a deposit that they hold until membership is cancelled. Deposit is 10% of the the amount that you can bid up to. Minimum deposit was $400, so i could bid up to $4000. Also requires a yearly membership too, and fees paid on every purchase. They really start to add up if you only plan to buy occasionally. Didnt pay my membership last year or this year.

I have bought 2 cars from them so far. Got acceptable deals both times.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Resurrecting an old thread here, but I got curious and searched today:

0$ minimum bid B210 in Nevada:

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e3s1&lotId=13181492&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

13181492_1.JPG

125$ minimum bid 79 KC 620 in Portland:

http://www.copart.com/c2/homeSearch.html?_eventId=getLot&execution=e3s1&lotId=11291162&returnPage=SEARCH_RESULTS

11291162_1.JPG

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.