Stoopid hood

Exor

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i just re installed my hood release cable/handle and locking mechanism today - reach up under your truck, locate the lock mechanism - on the left side is where the cable should be, look to see if its broken - if not there is a tab on the left - grab it and move towards the drivers side - that should do it biggrin.gif

On two of mine, the cable is stretched. It releases, just not enough to spring up. Other than using 2 people to open the hood, I take a bungee cord, pull the lever, then strap the lever open by hooking the bungee to the lever and then the steering wheel. Then I can pop the hood open myself. Too cheap to get a new cable, and I don't think they're adjustable. Might be, I just use the bungee.

I forgot to mention that the cable is broken already, I broke it awhile ago. But even Igbo pull that latch over with my hand and a wrench it still won't pop up. And it seems like the piece that fits into that hole might be jammed. And it also dosent help that it's snowing :/

my hood never pops up when the lever is pulled. After I pull the lever I just go an pull on the hood then open like normal. Have you tried pulling it up even though it hasn't popped?

check the position of the tab that the cable goes into, when i reinstalled mine the first time i had the tab pointing towards the drivers side - WRONG - must be pointed towards the passenger side - this takes up about an inch of slack and fixed my issue

Get your self a pair of hood pins thats what I did very easy and cheep to do

:sick: - sry man, they always seem to end up rusty and i hate the damned pins

my hood never pops up when the lever is pulled. After I pull the lever I just go an pull on the hood then open like normal. Have you tried pulling it up even though it hasn't popped?

Do you have all 4 rubber bumpers? They will usually push up on the hood if they are in good shape. :)