Sr20det importers

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, that is the number 1 importer with the worst reviews...

LOL, that is the number 1 importer with the worst reviews...

LOL I never even heared of them until today, I talked to my friend He is like tell him to go here tell him to go here. He has had his SR20 running pretty good though, I guess he was the only one not to have bad problems lmao

LOL I never even heared of them until today, I talked to my friend He is like tell him to go here tell him to go here. He has had his SR20 running pretty good though, I guess he was the only one not to have bad problems lmao

I have been on the hunt for the last few years (just planning) on trying to find a good importer.

It seems many were good years ago, but have since either dried up or have changed their practices.

I am trying to find one that seems reputable on the west coast, figure I will drive and pick it up when I get it.

I can personally vouch for these guys

http://www.zerolift.com/

They are local here in Cincinnati, OH. They put their own orders in and get their containers shipped directly to them.

I have purchased a RB20DET from them and worked on many other engines and swaps that other people have sourced through them.

They ship to anywhere so even if you are left coast they can be of service to you.

Talk to Rob or Mike, Tell them Brad Kisor referred them through here.

Oh, and here is the one you need to buy

http://www.zerolift.com/products/nissan/sr20det-s15-6-speed-full-swap

I can personally vouch for these guys

http://www.zerolift.com/

They are local here in Cincinnati, OH. They put their own orders in and get their containers shipped directly to them.

I have purchased a RB20DET from them and worked on many other engines and swaps that other people have sourced through them.

They ship to anywhere so even if you are left coast they can be of service to you.

Talk to Rob or Mike, Tell them Brad Kisor referred them through here.

Oh, and here is the one you need to buy

http://www.zerolift....speed-full-swap

6 speed!? Nice. What's the difference between the one OP wants (red top) and this one "S15" (black top)?

Yea, older black top and red tops are 200-210hp stock. S15 version is 250ish HP.

It's not like the earlier version can't be modded easily enough. Just the cool factor of the S15 and 6 speed.

And before anyone says anything yes I know the 6 speed isn't as strong blah blah, but its cool to have and a light weight datsun would be easier on it anyway.

'89 U12 Bluebird Ltd

Redtop 8.5:1 150 kW (201 hp) @ 6000 rpm 202 lb·ft (274 N·m) @ 4000 rpm T-25g 7psi

'91-'95 U13 Bluebird Ltd

Redtop 8.5:1 154 kW (206 hp) @ 6000 rpm 202 lb·ft (274 N·m) @ 4000 rpm T-25G 7psi

'95-'97 W10 Avenir Salut

Silvertop 8.5:1 154 kW (206 hp) @ 6000 rpm 202 lb·ft (274 N·m) @ 4000 rpm T-25G 7psi

'97-'01 W11 Avenir GT4

Silvertop 8.5:1 169 kW (227 hp) @ 6000 rpm 203 lb·ft (275 N·m) @ 3600 rpm T-25BB 9psi

'90-'94 N14 Pulsar GTi-R

Redtop 8.3:1 169 kW (227 hp) @ 6400 rpm (Euro: 164 kW (220 hp) @ 6400 rpm) 210 lb·ft (280 N·m) @ 4800 rpm (Euro: 196 lb·ft (266 N·m) @ 4800 rpm T-28 7psi 79 Trim, .86 A/R Housing

'91-'93 S13 Silvia, 180sx

Redtop 8.5:1 151 kW (202 hp) @ 6000 rpm 203 lb·ft (275 N·m) @ 4000 rpm T-25G 7psi 62 trim 53.8 mm (2.1 in) .80 A/R housing BCI-1

'94-'98 S13 180sx

Blacktop 8.5:1 151 kW (202 hp) @ 6000 rpm 203 lb·ft (275 N·m) @ 4000 rpm T-25G 7psi 62 trim 53.8 mm (2.1 in), .80 A/R housing BCI-1

'95-'99 S14 Silvia, 200sx

Blacktop 8.5:1 162 kW (217 hp) @ 6000 rpm 203 lb·ft (275 N·m) @ 4800 rpm T-28 7psi 62 trim 53.8 mm (2.1 in), .64 A/R housing, BB if JDM BCI-1 in T-04B housing

'99-02 S15 Silvia

Blacktop 8.5:1 183 kW (245 hp) @ 6400 rpm 202 lb·ft (274 N·m) @ 4800 rpm T-28BB 7psi 60 trim 60 mm (2.4 in), ball bearing, Inco turbine wheel BCI-1 in T-04B housing

lmao at the rotary comment.... I just pulled a fresh turbo rotary out of my 89 infini RHD rx7, the hell if i am ever getting back into the rotary world, its a dying age.. I had the owener of fd3s engineering at my door earlier this eve asking me where to get a 20b under warranty and i laughed my ass of, they dont even make plates for that motor anymore... I have yet to see one do more than a hundred mile lap and they almost all die on the dyno after their creation, fuck a 20b, plus the weight ratio to power is fucking weak as shit!

So its looking like the place i was interested in (tigerjdm) seems to be the right route... I have no need for a 6 speed aside from the cool factor and i am going stand alone, bnr stage three turbo and many other aftermarket upgrades, so i am not concerned with anything other than getting a good solid rebuildable block.. Seems its a risk i have to take no matter who i go through, so i'll choose the cheaper one that carries the same risk haha.

Thanks for the info, looks like i am ready to start my build! I will make a build thread when i get going on it!

BTW i am still curious as to why the 6 speed is more sought after if all i hear is that its a weaker tranny than the 5speed?? Just the cool factor of a six speed still? :)

well I cant find TigerJDM on google, but if they are based in Canada, stay away!!!! For every good review about a Canadian importer there are 10 bad ones. Why? because they are all run by the same people, they are the same company.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been watching this thread, I too am about to purchase an SR20 to go into the Roadster i'm 'restro-modding' It's a good thing too because I was really considering the Tiger importers in Canada, but when I called them to get shipping information, I couldn't understand the guy on the phone. Not that it was a deal breaker, just confusing, and from what i'm reading here maybe it's a sign.

Can you tell me more about Zerolift?

Oh and sorry about hijacking this thread, but it's exactly the information I have been looking for.

Mick

i was looking at the s15 blacktops with 6 speed but decided on a s14 blacktop with 5 speed. there basically the same motor. the s14 has a better trans and is stronger. s15 uses the 5 speed trans housing so the gears are more likely to fail since theyre smaller to fit.

http://www.foreignengines.com

I bought a z32 front clip from these guys. They are in Lynwood Washington. You could drive up and get it or have it shipped to you. I paid $200 to have the entire front end of a car shipped to me in Eugene.

With any JDM you should be prepared for the worst. I didn't have any issues..