SOPA

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Share don't steal!

WOO HOO!! i love a lot of sony's products such as my "illegal" PSP. ;) playin gran turismo. that i got off of a freakin torrent site! but guess what guys! i own a copy of gran turismo for psp, but my umd drive broke so since i'm legally allowed to have one digital copy of something i own, i downloaded it. but i'm not sharing it. if they dont like it they can kiss my fuzzy white butt. And arent they legally required to have a EULA for this stuff? i cant seem to find one.

Just got this in an email from David Segal of "Demand Progress":

"Wow. We just won.

From the Associated Press:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., said he was postponing a test vote set for Tuesday "in light of recent events."

So, in other words, because of all of us. Absolutely amazing.

Demand Progress has been fighting this legislation for more than a year -- having grown from nothing to over one million members during that period."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/os-megaupload-shut-down-arrest-kim-dotcom-20120120,0,3705603.story

Congrats everyone. We did it.

this was just with wikipedia and a few other smaller sites going down. im guessing mark zuckerburg is frothing at the mouth thinking about what he could do by shutting facebook down

Lets face it, Facebook is filled with Morons. So many infact that there would be a hurtful backlash on Facebook. Facebook is not going political anytime soon.

I don't know if anyone ever used Megaupload but since it was from overseas it got tooken down, a person from new Zealand was which was the maker i believe was arrested when cops broke in the guy was waiting with a sawed off shotgun and was given a 55 year sentance. The good thing Mediafire is still up so downloading is still inedible ha ha ha ha!

Lets face it, Facebook is filled with Morons. So many infact that there would be a hurtful backlash on Facebook. Facebook is not going political anytime soon.

angry morons are the worst kind of morons. do you remember how many people freaked out when they thought FB was going to become a paysite? you dont have to be politically minded to send an email to your rep or senator.

maybe google/youtube is a better example of what i meant though, we all know they are bastards

I don't know if anyone ever used Megaupload but since it was from overseas it got tooken down, a person from new Zealand was which was the maker i believe was arrested when cops broke in the guy was waiting with a sawed off shotgun and was given a 55 year sentance. The good thing Mediafire is still up so downloading is still inedible ha ha ha ha!

i heard about that, i get all of my media from torrents so it doesnt really effect me.

Yes it got seized. How do our laws allow us to seize a foreign website?

As for MediaFire. I dont think I have ever been linked to MediaFire for illegal content. And I dont know why. They have never throttled back download speeds, nor do they make people wait. I always use MediaFire when I need to share a larger file.

Yes it got seized. How do our laws allow us to seize a foreign website?

As for MediaFire. I dont think I have ever been linked to MediaFire for illegal content. And I dont know why. They have never throttled back download speeds, nor do they make people wait. I always use MediaFire when I need to share a larger file.

I'm sure foreign authorities are doing the same, trying to stop piracy and Megaupload was a huge one Rapidshare is another big one that's the one I wish would of gone down. If that bill would have passed a lot of foreign websites would have been blocked from the U.S. DNS would be of been responsible for doing that!

It's really simple to download movies but even easier to download music all I do if I cant get a cd that they sell in stores in google the name of artist the name of the album and put Mediafire behind it and BOOM! There it is! I listen to all kinds of genres of music so my external hard drive has tons of music. 3-4 years ago Blogspots were the thing to use to download music you can still find some but not as many as before. Before that I used actual programs to download music administers were super strict and didn't just let anyone in you had to know people to even be allowed not even authorities were successful of taking that down.

I never used torrents but a few times never figured those out so it was much easier for me to just google it or look for it in Blogspots.

Yes, where websites keep logs of who connected, very smart!

Torrent lists can only be dumped by people currently downloading. And since there are bazillions of torrents... Most cases of music stealing didnt have to do with torrents.

torrents are technically legal because youre not downloading full files off of users like the case of p2p's. instead you are downloading kbs of info from countless users. you cantbe prosecuted for such small bits of copywritten material. also they are usually free of viruses as its unlikey that 100 people will be uploading an infected file

Yes, where websites keep logs of who connected, very smart!

Torrent lists can only be dumped by people currently downloading. And since there are bazillions of torrents... Most cases of music stealing didnt have to do with torrents.

I see that's probably why I never got how torrents really work, the one program I used to use was called DC++ you had to upload all the music first It had to be in a certain order to make it easy for other users to download your music. I've seen people exceed 900gbs lol just infinite pages of music it was insane, I just can't sit on a computer long enough to download what I want. I download because I had a lot of CDs and tapes stolen and a lot that were lost or broken and are unavailable anymore.

Never used Kazaa or those type of stupid programs that all they did was give you viruses only one other I used was WinMX really good site but was shut down a few times and just stopped using it.

DC++ is a p2p torrent hybrid like limewire; ive never had success with those either. download utorrent, its lightwieght and completely independent. then go to a site like torrentz.eu or isohunt.com search for what you want then let it happen. the only set back to torrents is that for fast speeds you need more peers so the more obscure things can take forever