280z struts....(Not ZX)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is after the non ZX springs for the smaller diameter. They also offer a little firmer ride than the ZX. Mine are cut about 1". Put the B210 top hats on for a little lower stance.

The 210 ones are shorter, butt there is some body to trim, b210 top hats are just like a 510 but for the smaller diameter springs.

Like how much difference in top hat height? 1'....1/2in? Anyway good to know. Do they bolt into 510 strut towers thought? The B210's fit..:cool:

Maybe that's the 240, 260 the top hat bolt pattern is really small...I have not been around enough Z cars to know.

And you said the springs are firmer, like a lot?.....Sounds promising.:)

junk yard in Rainier Or. $40 each last time i was in.

Yikes....pickNpull raised there prices also.........all these coil/overs going in someone must have some laying around, even though

a lot of 510's are getting ZX stuff, I'm sure the Z guys are doing it also..:P

Just going but what I've seen 240z and the rare 260 are the same diameter as the 280z

So I still need some Z springs

Thanks Banner for the donor perches, I will try and get busy on those this week!

No problem man,

Yeah the z tops have a real narrow bolt pattern, I cant say that all the z's have tge same spring size, but all ours do.

Also, Ive got a 710 top a 510 too a 610 top a b210 top and a 210 top, the 210 is alittle over an inch shorter, the spring sits an inch+ closer to the mounting surface, and the insert mount is flush to the mounting surface.

The rest of the top hats have the same distance from the mounting surface to the insert mounting point ( about an inch below the top of the top hat) abd tge distance from the top spring perch to the top of the top hat is the same , if the proper bearing is installed.

A b310/210 top hat is a 1"+ bolt on drop for a b210 , they all have the same bolt pattern and insert size so so its pretty straight forward.

I'm a s30 guy ... will dig through my pile to see if available ... :)

Most excellent!..;) There is a Z guy here in Portland/Gladstone I just haven't got around to call him yet.

But I like to use others unwanted/needed stuff.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.