any one know anything about hondas?

Guest kamakazi620

so can the apexi

Where??? Does it say that???? how does it bypass the ECU????? the Vtec controllers just kick in vtec Earlier they DONT Control the Injectors,BTW How many Hondas have you worked on??

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

ok, so the engine harness, and 02 sensors i am looking for is for a d16z6? correct? and then the p28 ecu, and the adapter harness....

Yes and yes You basically need all the stuff injectors ecu harness like your swapping in a d16z6 the obd2 stuff is a nightmare and you want obd1 easier to "tune" if you wanna chip it for more power less emissions Crap than obd2 the only difference between d16z6 and the y8 is y8 has higher compression the bottom ends are a little weaker so i wouldnt turbo it just keep in N/A

Guest kamakazi620

if it was just the swap why would they change the injectors you think that they had to build this motor

OMFG???!!!!??? The d16y8 injectors (the motor thats swapped in)WILL NOT WORK WITH THE STOCK ECU SO the Guy who did swap used the stock injectors D16A6 in the D16Y8 motor

any civic that isnt still owned by its original owner is a piece of shyt. buy something, anything, else.

if you were here and bought that car, you would get pulled over every other day simply because of the way it looks, literally.

Guest kamakazi620

and what i mean by hard, is willit need to be tuned. installing the parts is no problem for me, but just the fact of will it work, and not need to be tuned or anything

It will work fine if you use ALL d16z6 parts ECU injectors Dizzy it will be just like a stock 1992-1995 civic si,if you want more power than Tune/chip it have a shop use a dyno and Bam!!! you could be pushing 130hp

Guest kamakazi620

kami, will the z6 injectors work at all with the ctock ecu to the car? or just not in vtek?

NO the stock ECU a pm6?? I think (its been awhile) The stock injectors use a resistor box the z6 ones dont

would never consider a civic to be fun. look for an accord. bigger engine, same mpg.s and quite a bit more fun, plus a little respect. come on, you work for gm, you should know better than this...tongue.gif

Guest kamakazi620

ok, i was just a little worried it might not be safe for something.

No it;ll be fine the ECU thinks its a NON vtec motor and not having Vtec hooked up wont hurt anything u just wont go as fast Besides Vtec dont kick in till 5400 stock anyway

Guest kamakazi620

WHAAAAAA 7200 is redline! i guess i might be looking to getting this vtek fixed, does it really do that much more anywany? never driven one before

Yeah it does i drove a built d16y8 for the detail shop i worked for and lets say coming out of second i was doing 75 in 2 blocks and if you go B series the B16 redlines at 9000-9500