any one know anything about hondas?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My DD is a 92 civic totally stock aside from an aftermarket CD player. I have been broke down twice with it had to be towed once. Civics of this age are simply old and they have a lot of electrical controls for the motor easy troubleshooting if you know what you are doing but if not... Honduh kids have a bad rep for a reason they do a lot of stupid stuff to their cars that takes a good car and makes it crap. I looked for 2 months and at about 15 different cars before I bought one. Buy from an adult that hasn't done anything but maintain the car and you will be OK. I wouldn't buy this can of worms.

Guest kamakazi620

I love Hondas, but would be very wary of that particular one. The owner sounds like one who cannot keep a car is good running order.

You can always add a manual toggle switch on the dash for the vTek ... wait a minute, shouldn't this be in the Ricer topic???

The toggle wont work it will engage Vtec But the ECU controls how much fuel gets dumped by injectors It you toggle switch it you will not "Feel" vtec cuz it will run lean

Guest kamakazi620

theres nothing for sale up here decent except the great vw with 120k, with shit load of new parts and stuff for 1100, but its already sold

For a grand i say get it,sell the Egay headlight and buy stockers,You'll need a ECU and an adapter harness to get Vtec to work or just leave it and get good MPGs

The toggle wont work it will engage Vtec But the ECU controls how much fuel gets dumped by injectors It you toggle switch it you will not "Feel" vtec cuz it will run lean

THANK YOU KAMI!!! first person with some real knowledge, and help. do you know much about this swap? what needs to be done? he said it has the stock ecu from 91

Guest kamakazi620

ok, what ecu, and adapter harness

Well the d16y8 is obd2 and the 91 si is obd0 the setup you wanna run is obd1 did the guy swap injectors or is it running the d16a6 injectors(stock for year of car)????

Guest kamakazi620

i believe he swapped them. and is that harness any good, just by browsing the net, i have heard bad about some of the harnesses from ebay, may be wired wrong and will not work...

Just check the buyers rep if you wanna pay more get a name brand harness

Guest kamakazi620
Guest kamakazi620

the d 16 injectors are ready no need to replace them

Depends on WHAT d16 injectors D16a6 is the stock 88-91 injectors NON vtec,The d16y8 is Vtec I dont think homeboy used the d16y8 injectors cuz the stock 91 si ECU is non vtec and wont work with the y8 injectors