What wheels?

So as some of you may have seen I got a new daily driver, a 1980 corolla wagon. So here are my dilemmas... What wheels do you guys think would look good on this car? I was thinking Libres , Any one have a pic of a corolla gOOn with Libres? Make me some

suggestions, and ill have Oics so if any of you Photoshop fanatics wanna mess around with some ideas! biggrin.gif

Next Dilemma: Does any one know of any older style bumpers that could replace my ugly rear bumper? I was thinking maybe the older VW Rabbit bumpers? But I don't know, any one have suggestions?

025.jpg

024.jpg

021.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ATS Cups looks like.

Got any closer pics? Those are some of my favorite rims EVER!

_DSC0002.jpg

I don't have any closer pics right now, but I can get some more when I get off work lolz laugh.gif

Those look kinda similar to my stock wheels, but still look pretty good

So as some of you may have seen I got a new daily driver, a 1980 corolla wagon. So here are my dilemmas... What wheels do you guys think would look good on this car? I was thinking Libres , Any one have a pic of a corolla gOOn with Libres? Make me some suggestions, and ill have Oics so if any of you Photoshop fanatics wanna mess around with some ideas!

Next Dilemma: Does any one know of any older style bumpers that could replace my ugly rear bumper? I was thinking maybe the older VW Rabbit bumpers? But I don't know, any one have suggestions?

021.jpg

My '85 Celica GTS had a similar bumper~ resembling that of a bookshelf! I disassembled it, chopped everything down and refit it almost 3" shorter than stock. Just enough to make people think "what's wrong with this picture?", but not quite able to put their finger on it...

Another thought~ a narrowed 67/68 Firebird bumper for some bling!

How about taking/sending your wheels in to have them put your centers on taller & wider rims? What you've got isn't bad looking~ it just needs to fill out the wheelwells a little better!

Peace~

Scott

My '85 Celica GTS had a similar bumper~ resembling that of a bookshelf! I disassembled it, chopped everything down and refit it almost 3" shorter than stock. Just enough to make people think "what's wrong with this picture?", but not quite able to put their finger on it...

Another thought~ a narrowed 67/68 Firebird bumper for some bling!

How about taking/sending your wheels in to have them put your centers on taller & wider rims? What you've got isn't bad looking~ it just needs to fill out the wheelwells a little better!

Peace~

Scott

Thanks for your input! I think im going to try what you said about chopping the rear bumper a little and if that isnt a slim enough look ill try to find something at the junkyard and jimmy rig it lolz.

http://www.oldparked...wagon-te28.html

This is my Corolla, yours is much more boxy looking, so I suppose it doesn't really help.

Supra wheels maybe?

That's a sweet looking ride! I think those wheels look pretty good on it, and I think they would probably look good on mine too. I saw a pic of a brown Starlet with those wheels and looked pretty good, and that's a boxy car too so well see what happens.

Anyone have a pair of libres for sale?

I was gonna go look for that ad, bananahamuck read my mind. I kinda want those myself.

Do you have suggestions on lowering the rear of the car? I pretty much know what i'm doing to lower the front. I am just not sure about leaf springs never had to work with them blink.gif

Thanks for your input! I think im going to try what you said about chopping the rear bumper a little and if that isnt a slim enough look ill try to find something at the junkyard and jimmy rig it lolz.

Not much to see here~ literally and figuratively. Pic doesn't do it justice, and it could use a bath as well. I also reinforced it with bedframe rails (hardened steel) and added the receiver hitch. Carved off 5 #'s and added 15 back on....

DSC00272.jpg

Not much to see here~ literally and figuratively. Pic doesn't do it justice, and it could use a bath as well. I also reinforced it with bedframe rails (hardened steel) and added the receiver hitch. Carved off 5 #'s and added 15 back on....

DSC00272.jpg

That actually looks pretty good, How much father do you think you could chop it?

I vote supras. It's like 510s with ZX wheels. Trying to be like big brother. If not that something with tons of dish. The panasports look good, but a steelie with lots of lip would be better IMO.

Yeah, I really like the deep dish look, I saw some steelies a while back on here (can't find the thread now) but anyways they were steelies with a really big lip and someone had said they were from a older Mazda pickup, and they also said you used to be able to get them a Les shwab for cheap, but I can not find a pic anywhere