Bluebird Tail lights?

zerow

I recently came across a picture of 510/Bluebird tail lights:

bluebirdtaillights.jpg

And, zerow asked himself..."What models do these fit?" Because, the shape alone looks awfully familiar...(the BLUE sedan, not the green coupe...) :

DSC01543.jpg

I recently converted my sedan tail lights to LED and they look SWEET. And I would like to know if the tail light shapes and dimensions are similar to a 610 sedan taillight so I can share the knowledge. I want dimensions, and heck, put a tape measure up against a set and drop the shots here...

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The blue car ones are similar but not the same. It's common in N Am for different modells by the same company to 'resemble' each other.

3563670017_large.jpg

4460935451_1db0694523_z.jpg

Similar year gto and firebird. It allows some of the fame and excitement of the GTO to be shared by the firebird owner.

Datsun 510 was sold in Japan as the "Datsun Bluebird", just as was the 310, 410 and 411 previous to it. The 610 (blue car) was sold as the "Bluebird U".

So Bluebird just means the Datsun compact sedan, although with an implication of being the version made for sale in the Japan market (non-Export model).

These taillights are for the 1972 facelift (which we didn't get in USA) and are for Sedan.

th_bluebirdtaillights.jpg

Those taillights go with the 1972 grille plastic grille.

Most 510s in Japan through 1971 used the same grille and similar tailights as USA, but they had several different trim options e.g. SSS Sedan, which we didn't get. There were a lot more variations in the Japan market. It wasn't needed to sell cars in USA since they were selling every car they exported.

• 2 weeks later...

Datsun 510 was sold in Japan as the "Datsun Bluebird", just as was the 310, 410 and 411 previous to it. The 610 (blue car) was sold as the "Bluebird U".

So Bluebird just means the Datsun compact sedan, although with an implication of being the version made for sale in the Japan market (non-Export model).

These taillights are for the 1972 facelift (which we didn't get in USA) and are for Sedan.

th_bluebirdtaillights.jpg

The blue car is mine. I do not plan to run the tails off of the 510/Bluebird, but it could be an interesting prospect for those who want to add a touch of different to their 510s by running 610 sedan taillights.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently came across a picture of 510/Bluebird tail lights:

bluebirdtaillights.jpg

And, zerow asked himself..."What models do these fit?" Because, the shape alone looks awfully familiar...(the BLUE sedan, not the green coupe...) :

DSC01543.jpg

I recently converted my sedan tail lights to LED and they look SWEET. And I would like to know if the tail light shapes and dimensions are similar to a 610 sedan taillight so I can share the knowledge. I want dimensions, and heck, put a tape measure up against a set and drop the shots here...

whered you find the pic of the bluebird 510.

I't looks like it might be mine before they shipped it to me.

whered you find the pic of the bluebird 510.

I't looks like it might be mine before they shipped it to me.

I want to think I found it on google images some time ago. I keep a healthy "stash" of Datsun pics...