S13 Owner new to the forums

Hey there guys. I've been lurking this site and the510realm for a little over a year now but I never decided to join either until today, and you guys got lucky enough to be first. I live in Tennessee and I daily a 1990 Nissan 240sx. My plan is to continue riding the bandwagon with the 240 and go with an SR20 just to make things simple. However, I deceided a long time ago not to just throw the KA24E to the side after the swap was done. It needs some work, but nothing I can't do, so I plan to build it and put it in a datsun. I havent made a full decision on what Datsun to go with yet. It really depends on what's available when I get ready to buy. I want to go with a 411, but living in TN, I've never even seen one. The 510 is my #2 but they're pretty scarce here as well. 210's are a little more common but still not a dime a dozen and 720's are everywhere. I'm determined to put it in a datsun though. I hope to learn a lot during my stay here at Ratsun, I hope you guys don't mind the teaching. Here are a few pictures of my current daily.

5kn3gh.jpg

2qio7z6.jpg

28v3g61.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey there guys. I've been lurking this site and the510realm for a little over a year now but I never decided to join either until today, and you guys got lucky enough to be first. I live in Tennessee and I daily a 1990 Nissan 240sx. My plan is to continue riding the bandwagon with the 240 and go with an SR20 just to make things simple. However, I deceided a long time ago not to just throw the KA24E to the side after the swap was done. It needs some work, but nothing I can't do, so I plan to build it and put it in a datsun. I havent made a full decision on what Datsun to go with yet. It really depends on what's available when I get ready to buy. I want to go with a 411, but living in TN, I've never even seen one. The 510 is my #2 but they're pretty scarce here as well. 210's are a little more common but still not a dime a dozen and 720's are everywhere. I'm determined to put it in a datsun though. I hope to learn a lot during my stay here at Ratsun, I hope you guys don't mind the teaching. Here are a few pictures of my current daily.

5kn3gh.jpg

2qio7z6.jpg

28v3g61.jpg

Do you have any valve covers you want to sell?

I do have a spare valve cover in the basement. It's been horrifically rattle canned though.

I know that swapping a ka into a 411 is no easy task, but I'm not looking for a Daily. That's what the 240 is for. I've been following Datsun411SSS's build thread since the beginning and I don't see much I'm not capable of either doing myself, or having someone close to me do for me. We'll see in time though what actually comes of it all.

As for the balls fitting. That's why I cut the backs of them, so they would kind of form around the hub when the pressure of the wheel was applied. Just like legs on a chair or walker....of course that could just be a Tennessee thing and no one understands what I'm talking about haha

I do have a spare valve cover in the basement. It's been horrifically rattle canned though.

I know that swapping a ka into a 411 is no easy task, but I'm not looking for a Daily. That's what the 240 is for. I've been following Datsun411SSS's build thread since the beginning and I don't see much I'm not capable of either doing myself, or having someone close to me do for me. We'll see in time though what actually comes of it all.

As for the balls fitting. That's why I cut the backs of them, so they would kind of form around the hub when the pressure of the wheel was applied. Just like legs on a chair or walker....of course that could just be a Tennessee thing and no one understands what I'm talking about haha

Post pics of your valve cover if it doesn't have dents or gashes I might be intrested

If you do it into a 411, make sure you do the front end suspension right and reinforce the front so you dont have front end issues. I got a SSS project, and buying a wagon..well half bought wagon so far got some more to pay off on it :)

411's are the shit, ive always been a 510 man, but ive been falling for my "wifes" cough 411 more, reason im buying the wagon is for me :)

Alright. I'll get pictures as soon as I can.

I'd REALLY like a 411 like I said before, or a 510 would do the job nicely. If I ABSOLUTELY have to I'll settle for a 210, but I have a little time to wait. I'd be lookin to spend under 1000 on whatever I get. I want the option of restoration experience, plus I want a rustic look at first anyway