Rear brake bleeder broke :(

metalmonkey47

I'm changing the wheel cylinder on the rear brakes of my 620, and found the brake bleeder was broken off flush in the past by one of the P/O's.

The bleed screw is on the top, directly above the brake line. Is it possible to accurately bleed the rear brake with the center bolt that holds the second piece to the wheel cylinder?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New cylinder yo !!!!

U mean the bolt that holds the cylinder on ?

I got one yo! lol

The 620 is a two piece. The bleed isn't on the cylinder, it's on a second piece that bolts through a center bolt to the cylinder.

The cylinder is held on with 4 studs and nuts.

Air rises and could be trapped around the broken bleeder, that's why it's at the top. You could try it.

I had an Olds that had a broken caliper bleeder. I removed the caliper, tilted it up and hand filled it through the brake line hole to get the air out. Worked. Don't think that will work here unless you flip the truck.

You must have an Autozone replacement cylinder, every 620 wheel cylinder that i have replaced with new came with the second piece. :D

Just looked on Rockauto.com and almost every brand listed is pictured with the piece that you need.

What????????

Looking now... Returning with reps!

EDIT: +1! Thanks dude. I didn't even bother looking before. Just ordered a cheap wheel cyl with 2 day shipping. Thanks!

EDIT: +1! Thanks dude. I didn't even bother looking before. Just ordered a cheap wheel cyl with 2 day shipping. Thanks!

Hardly worth the time worrying about it when a brand new one is only two days away. And certainly better than trying to remove theat broken one with an EZ-out.

Hardly worth the time worrying about it when a brand new one is only two days away. And certainly better than trying to remove theat broken one with an EZ-out.

For sure man. I had no clue that part was still available. Guess I'm going to rock auto for pictures next time twofinger_salute.gif

Thanks again man