Flash to Pass

dscottdatsun

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Flash really? I hate flashers, have never heard about flash to pass with the exception of the autobahn. Quick internet teaching tells me, you are only going to aggravate drivers. People like my sister will hit her brakes so fast. Me, I probably wouldnt move over, but most of the time if you ride up on me I move over. But I really dont like those high beams.

I would never use the them as a flash to pass device. Those drivers piss me off too. They are however, very useful in other forms of driving.

Semi's that are signaling a lane change-a couple quick flashes tels them that they have enough clearnace to change lanes and that you are giving them the lane change.

If i am in a long line of traffic, and a car from a side street wants into the line traffic, a quick flash tells them you are letting them in. You dont have to make a complete stop for them to enter and the line of traffic barely slows down. It all works smoothly that way.

I use mine almost daily, and never to pass.

European cars are wired this way. Maybe they left the wireing in from factory to just make it ezer then not hook it up to the US spec turn sig arm.

My 78 Capri RS I had in Germany had the Flash to Pass which I used alot. and also wires so if you parked on the street and night on a curb or so close to the road you could put your turn sig in Left position the light would be put on very dim and not kill the battery. So approching cars could see it(good around corners and suck on small towns) I found it handy

The 'flash to pass' does not require the headlights to be on and acts like a high beams on switch. N Am isn't flash to pass friendly so I never do it. It is however very attention getting to oncoming traffic to warn them of something up ahead like an animal or accident. Can even be used to get police attention if needed.

I'm w/ Jason, just used as a courtesy to others (I drive truck, and like the all clear blink), not for passing. I was wondering if someone knew what turn signal switch was compatible w/ a 620 that has the three position high beam switch (momentary/off/on)?

Scott, you just need a factory switch from a 79 620 that had this option. Thats what i put in mine.

Here is a pic, notice the extra wireing connector and the plastic body of the switch.

IMG260.jpg

Let me know if you need better pics of it, also worth noting is that the column plastic is different than the earlier model trucks, and i have not found the right stuff yet.

Both types of 620 T/S switch are compatible. You just need to find one that has the button on the end.

What is this button that you speak of?

Compatible, hardly, most truck did not even get wired for this option. And this Flash/pass switch would do no good if the truck was not wired.

Scott, you just need a factory switch from a 79 620 that had this option. Thats what i put in mine.Here is a pic, notice the extra wireing connector and the plastic body of the switch.IMG260.jpgLet me know if you need better pics of it, also worth noting is that the column plastic is different than the earlier model trucks, and i have not found the right stuff yet.

If the wiring harness has the extra connector for it, then you might only need to change the switch. I just added this to my 76, but i changed the switch and the harness at the same time

Thanks, I wasn't sure where to start looking. I read you where adding it. Many of the details in your build post have inspired (if not just copied straight from yours) my truck revitalization and upgrades.

thanks again

Scott