carb!

barman1971

Does anybody know anything about this carb? will it bolt on not prob? will it give me any BHP gain? is it really worth 300$ . Im running a very stock old ass hitachi right now and in the market for an upgrade!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holley-400-7-Datsun-B210-Carburetor-NEW-1397CC-/200668856637?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eb8cbc13d

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the Weber licensed by Holly to build. At least it's new and you shouldn't have trouble with it. Make sure it has all the hook-ups that are on you carb like an idle cut solenoid, vacuum advance. Generally they give some performance increase and economy decrease over the very good Hitachi .

For $300 you can get a brand new Weber for the B210 also though.

Datzenmike is right:

From my experience with the Weber, bolts on ok, need to remove the EGR to clear. Definitely see decreased mpg, I average in the mid-low 30's now on the freeway, the Hitachi would get me into the mid 40's on the freeway. The seat of the pants feel is much better though, and it definitely seems to pull much harder at the higher RPM's. The Weber is much much easier to leadfoot than the Hitachi and this will hurt the mpg.

Caveat: my carb came from another B210, I haven't finished the final tune on it yet, but it is pretty close, so a little better economy might be possible.

Kinda depends on what you want, for a daily driver I would stick with the Hitachi, OEMsurplus has a NOS ~77-78 for ~125$. For a lightly used fun car, the Weber feels much better.

Go with the Weber and get the adapter plate for your manifold. I put together the adapter plate and manifold, then hogged out the access meat to allow better flow under the carb into the plenums. The carb mount on the 210 is notoriously tiny, compared to the plenums or outlet of the Weber or Holley carbs.

Here is a picture of a weber on an A14/H89 intake without EGR. Webers generally come with the air cleaner, and lots of other options readily aavailabe and really easy to work on... I can tune it, and i am carb retarded.

gallery_6836_931_377469.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Go with the Weber and get the adapter plate for your manifold. I put together the adapter plate and manifold, then hogged out the access meat to allow better flow under the carb into the plenums. The carb mount on the 210 is notoriously tiny, compared to the plenums or outlet of the Weber or Holley carbs.

Here is a picture of a weber on an A14/H89 intake without EGR. Webers generally come with the air cleaner, and lots of other options readily aavailabe and really easy to work on... I can tune it, and i am carb retarded.

gallery_6836_931_377469.jpg

Is your carb on backwards?? I have a pic of a a14 with a weber and the throttle cable is towards the firewall.

I do have a H89 shaved head on this motor with the matching intake and exhaust manifolds. My daughter has a stock 210 with the A14, she askes why my car sounds so loud. The high compression and webber really make a difference with the freeflowing head. sounds like a lumpy cam. Still have the stock exhaust on it.