New Truck, Opinions Plz :-)

Rat720

Hey Everyone. Been a while sense ive posted anything. Now on my 3rd 720. If any of you remember my black and red 85, it got sold to pay probation. Then got the yellow 81, wrecked it acouple of weeks ago. I now have an 84 extended cab. Ive had it for alittle over two weeks now. Got it from a guy who had it sitting in his back yard for almost three years. Has no rust in the cab at all, only rust is in the front of the bed by the cab and on the passenger side at the seam. Hadnt been started in those three years of sitting, but with fresh gas and a battery fired right up. no smoke or anything. has a small oil leak i think is coming from the pressure switch, i hope its not the rear main :-(. other than that no leaks. Been driving it sense with the only problems being having to replace the slave cylinder and alternator. Ive added a sunpro temp gauge, gsr seats, lowered it about 4" in the back 5" in the front, done the gauge cluster swap for the factory tach, got a grill, put one of my old badges on it, and put my headlight cages on, tinted the windows, put my old wheels on it, threw a quick coat of satin black on it, put my datsun tailgate in place of the nissan one, and installed a cd player and speakers.

The z24 came out of one of his circle track 200sx, it has a shaved head, slightly over-stock cam, rebuilt from top to bottom, and holley carb.

Opinions please

First got it home

2011-10-21_10-35-48_857.jpg

After a days work

2011-10-23_13-26-12_364.jpg

Me and my wifes truck

2011-11-04_13-50-13_681.jpg

More Low and grill

2011-11-10_14-03-12_853.jpg

Now tinted

2011-11-13_13-06-25_612.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im not a huge 720 fan, but i liked your yellow one, and this one looks just as awesome! looks like you went from kind of shitty to looking pretty good quickly. nice score!

your wife drives that 620? pretty awesome.

take out the side molding if you are not going to have all of it on..looks tacky. and use white rims looks better that way

i agree

Yea, the side molding coming off is in the plans, as is either new wider wheels or atleast powder coating these.

Thanks, i loved my yellow one too, im definitely done sliding in parking lots...lesson learned. And yea, she wanted one sense my first 720, she traded her 84 533i for that and i flew out to Texas and drove it back, she loves it.

As for the hood i havent quite decided what im doing with it yet, im thinking about either rusting and clearing it, or the rising sun.....or a rusted rising sun :-)

Thanks Everyone,

guess ill see about starting the hood tomorrow lol.

Another thing im liking about this truck other than the extra space, even with the holley and no vacuum advance, im getting 20-25 mpg, and that was when there was no thermostat and was running no higher than 120, just put a 180 in it so i think ill see alittle more out of this tank, and my heat is hot now, lol

And one more question, what are some options for me to get lsd or positrac? I kick myself everytime I think about my 85 because it had lsd, which after i sold it i learned its not a very easy thing to find in/for the factory carrier :-(.

So im trying to find out what is going to be the easiest/most inexpensive swap to obtain lsd again.

Thanks

Wiring should already be there.

Kami, under the hood driver side you should see an empty connector that looks like it will take a spade fuse. You need the resister from a truck with a tach and put it in there to make the dizzy work. Just in case you didn't know

Guest kamakazi620

Wiring should already be there.

Kami, under the hood driver side you should see an empty connector that looks like it will take a spade fuse. You need the resister from a truck with a tach and put it in there to make the dizzy work. Just in case you didn't know

Thanks man!!!!!! is there anyway to buy the resister?? It was hard enough to find the cluster..........

Guest kamakazi620

Like h2theizzo said, the plugs are already in the harness, usually taped back to it, just plug them up and get the resistor, and thanks

Get the resister WHERE??? was the ?? and BTW Truck looks KILLER!!! you need to ditch the 620 badge and get a 1980-82 720 badge and i'd just paint your wheels gunmetal gray or bronze

Get the resister WHERE??? was the ?? and BTW Truck looks KILLER!!! you need to ditch the 620 badge and get a 1980-82 720 badge and i'd just paint your wheels gunmetal gray or bronze

.... Driver side, look at the harness near the coils. you will find a resister that resembles a spade fuse... I don't have a 720 to take pics of it and show you. But its the only spade looking thing on the driver side harness that i recall.

Guest kamakazi620

.... Driver side, look at the harness near the coils. you will find a resister that resembles a spade fuse... I don't have a 720 to take pics of it and show you. But its the only spade looking thing on the driver side harness that i recall.

Thanks i found a pic in another thread,I was wondering if the resister can be purchased?? bought??? dealership?? i know its location but if its not there where do i buy it......................