B210 interior update ?'s

josh_t

I have been trying to come up with ideas to make my interior look a little fresher and feel a little more modern without doing anything drastic. i wan to keep the dash and maybe the seats. i plan on doing some sound deadening of some sort. any ideas welcome. currently i have an all-black interior. i want to keep the same color.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have my door panels cut out like the first one but they are holes for 6 1/2" speakers. i had to cut a little of the door metal out but i dont regret it at all. its one of those things that does way more good than harm. only one speaker up front wasnt cuttin it. i really want to do something inside the doors for sound deadening too. i hate getting out of the car and hearing the music as clearly as when i was inside. and what deadener do you suggest?

i have my door panels cut out like the first one but they are holes for 6 1/2" speakers. i had to cut a little of the door metal out but i dont regret it at all. its one of those things that does way more good than harm. only one speaker up front wasnt cuttin it. i really want to do something inside the doors for sound deadening too. i hate getting out of the car and hearing the music as clearly as when i was inside. and what deadener do you suggest?

ive coated the inside if a b210 door with under coating, helped alot but I had no panels on the door either

Didnt ad much weight.

one thing i think might help me out is getting some rubber body plugs and putting them in the big round holes that are there for ?drainage? in the floor and from when i removed my ac i the firewall. they are cheap. would some kind of expanding foam do well in the quarter panel cavities? it sounds kinda ghetto but i think it was worth asking.

yea that kind of stuff might hold moisture and cause more unwanted rust and stench. i'll stick with more traditional methods. i have heard good stuff about some peel and stick stuff for roofing that you can get from home depot. it looks like aluminum foil. i assume that would keep out heat too. it would be nice to have some temperature insulation as well.

i do like the idea of cloth seats. if i redo my seats i want to put more foam in them so they are a little softer and do something about lumbar support maybe some stiffer padding on the back of the seats. not sure yet. i really want something that feels like the cloth seats out of the 3rd gen maximas. i always found them to be quite comfortable.

I just swapped out the interior in my daughters 79 210 (310) sedan base model for same year 210 sedan deluxe that had the cloth seats, carpets, and cloth type door panels. Made a ton of difference in the sound dampening, the jute they use under the carpets works real well. Found the car in a pick-a-part locally, picking all the interior out for her. It is in great shape, no rips or tears at all. Her car looks and sounds most excellent now, love to spoil my baby girl who loves datsuns as much as me....

i think i'll stick with sound deadening and some cloth seat covers or something for a while. i just want it to not look trashy and torn up and not sound like a bean can as much. i know it will always have a little bean can left to it but i can at least reduce it. and i want to keep the old look with a newer feel to it. basically i want it to not feel all worn out.

those black seats look almost perfect. where can i get some or how hard would it be to reupholster mine like that? they need it anyway

Had them sent to a shop to be redone. If I remember right, I had all the seats done for 600 cash. I love them.

well the only part of mine that is messed up is the faux woven look vinyl. the smooth part is great on mine. except for one corner of the drivers seat. it looks to have torn its stitches and its sagging. i think that can be fixed without too much trouble.

i like they. i'm trying to decide what color though. i have a yellow car, black interior, it has a off white head-liner and it has the silver stripe across the dash. and i want the two tone ones. that will help out my interior a good bit. that and having my carpet fastened to the floor properly so it doesnt stay all bunched up or get moved around all the time.

i like they. i'm trying to decide what color though. i have a yellow car, black interior, it has a off white head-liner and it has the silver stripe across the dash. and i want the two tone ones. that will help out my interior a good bit. that and having my carpet fastened to the floor properly so it doesnt stay all bunched up or get moved around all the time.

I think the combo set gray would look nice.

I have thick shag carpeting under the seats and on the floor of by B210 and then covered with rubber mats and then beige floor mats. That quiets the B210 quite a bit, filling the doors with insulation which I haven't done yet would help. I'm afraid I would ruin the door panels.