B210 interior update ?'s

josh_t

I think the combo set gray would look nice.

I have thick shag carpeting under the seats and on the floor of by B210 and then covered with rubber mats and then beige floor mats. That quiets the B210 quite a bit, filling the doors with insulation which I haven't done yet would help. I'm afraid I would ruin the door panels.

idk about the thick shag part but i do want to coat the inside and outside of the floors with a rubberized undercoating to deaden some sound and get rid of the "tinny" sound some. and its fairly cheap and it will prevent rust if i get the pans spotless when i patch them. and then i want to do some kind of a peel and stick or a sheet kind of insulation for a little more deadening and some temperature control. and i will probably just clean up my stock carpet and reuse it since it isnt moldy, its just a tiny bit smelly and its kinda dirty. and i'll probably get some new floor mats. and i was thinking the beige/black or the gray/black. so i'll probably do the gray since you said that. how do they fit? and does it make them seats any more comfortable?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

idk about the thick shag part but i do want to coat the inside and outside of the floors with a rubberized undercoating to deaden some sound and get rid of the "tinny" sound some. and its fairly cheap and it will prevent rust if i get the pans spotless when i patch them. and then i want to do some kind of a peel and stick or a sheet kind of insulation for a little more deadening and some temperature control. and i will probably just clean up my stock carpet and reuse it since it isnt moldy, its just a tiny bit smelly and its kinda dirty. and i'll probably get some new floor mats. and i was thinking the beige/black or the gray/black. so i'll probably do the gray since you said that. how do they fit? and does it make them seats any more comfortable?

its an easy fit, the back seat was a pain since you had to remove the back seat top and bottom. I cleaned the beeejesus out of the back when I removed the seats, put down thick shag and rubber mats and put the seats back, I sprayed some undercoating before putting down the shag carpeting. My B has quieted down and insulated.

Check out FATMAT 80 mil which is really good stuff, but expensive. 510'rs and others recommend FATMAT. I had lots of thick shag carpeting for free and thick rubber mats were free. Carpet padding works. :D

The seat comfort is about the same. I have a nice size padded azzz, love handles which give me built in lumbar support ;), so YMWV.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_1_7?url=search-alias%3Dautomotive&field-keywords=fatmat&sprefix=fat+mat

its an easy fit, the back seat was a pain since you had to remove the back seat top and bottom. I cleaned the beeejesus out of the back when I removed the seats, put down thick shag and rubber mats and put the seats back, I sprayed some undercoating before putting down the shag carpeting. My B has quieted down and insulated.

Check out FATMAT 80 mil which is really good stuff, but expensive. 510'rs and others recommend FATMAT. I had lots of thick shag carpeting for free and thick rubber mats were free. Carpet padding works. :D

The seat comfort is about the same. I have a nice size padded azzz, love handles which give me built in lumbar support ;), so YMWV.

http://www.amazon.co...sprefix=fat+mat

i got the back seats out before. too easy. its just 4 bolts. and i was wanting to put some extra rust prevention under there anyway, just in case. the 50sq ft roll of 80 mil seems like a lot better deal than the 25sq ft roll.

I think the combo set gray would look nice.

I have thick shag carpeting under the seats and on the floor of by B210 and then covered with rubber mats and then beige floor mats. That quiets the B210 quite a bit, filling the doors with insulation which I haven't done yet would help. I'm afraid I would ruin the door panels.

can i see some pictures of the carpet job you did in the B i wanna see what shaggy carpet looks like.

can i see some pictures of the carpet job you did in the B i wanna see what shaggy carpet looks like.

Shaggy carpet is long fiber carpet, some call it plush carpet, here are the OICEEE'c

I put the rubber mat down first, then the shaggy and then the beige floor mat which I got from (Ratsun Member) Rubberman.

Watch the free section of Craigslist. You can use expensive, or free materials, SOUND doesn't care ;) .

JOSH, Here are Better OIC's of Seat Covers

CIMG0443.jpg

CIMG0444.jpg

CIMG0445.jpg

CIMG0230.jpg

CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0224.jpg

Shaggy carpet is long fiber carpet, some call it plush carpet, here are the OICEEE'c

I put the rubber mat down first, then the shaggy and then the beige floor mat which I got from (Ratsun Member) Rubberman.

Watch the free section of Craigslist. You can use expensive, or free materials, SOUND doesn't care ;) .

JOSH, Here are Better OIC's of Seat Covers

CIMG0443.jpg

CIMG0444.jpg

CIMG0445.jpg

CIMG0230.jpg

CIMG0226.jpg

CIMG0224.jpg

those seat covers look amazing to say they are just covers. how are your original seats?

If you are wanting to quiet the car a bit with as low a cost or weight gain as possible do it in stages.

1) add butyl tape into the top of the crash panels on the door, cover with some aluminum to keep dirt out. This will lower the resonance frequency of the door by splitting the single out skin into two separate panels for resonance purposes. (try it, I did it as a test to see if the guy at sounddeadenershowdown.com was right and it works a treat).

2) You can get 1 or two boxes of damplifier from Second Skin, to bring down panel resonance on the inner body panels. It only takes a 25% coverage to accomplish this. I will note I went with the thinner stuff they had (about 1/16" thick) and covered my entire floor pan, but I have a hatchback so my Fuel Tank acted as a sound amplifier into my cab. Since yours is a Coupe you would only need to block sound real well behind the driver seat. CLD, Closed Cell Foam and MLV would take care of that.

3) Lowes as a 1/4" thick closed cell foam mat that is designed to help avoid foot exhaustion for people who stand all day. Runs $4.14 per foot (3' wide), I think it took 8' to complete my entire cabin including up the firewall. Below is a copy of the materials qoute I got from Don Sambrook at Sound Deadener Showdown.

However I went with the matting from Lowes for my floor and the Second Skin option as they are here in Tucson. I skipped the MLV as it would add way to much weight to the car and would only be on the floors. There is not enough room on our doors for it and Don had mentioned if there is insufficient room to do the CCF rather than the MLV for effectiveness and water proofing. Also remember the cost I was looking as is for a Hatchback not a Coupe.

===========================================================

I forgot the 15"X51" panel below the hatch. I'll be adding:

4 CLD Tiles

5.4 ft² MLV

5.4 ft² 1/8" CCF

2 Velcro Strips, adhesive 2 sides

I'll price it both ways since you don't seem all that jazzed about the

Second Skin option :)

With CLD Tiles:

69 CLD Tiles @ 2.25 = $155.25

1 85.5 ft² roll MLV @ 146.38 = 146.38

3 sheets 1/4" CCF @ 27.65 = 82.95

4 sheets 1/8" CCF @ 14.95 = 59.80

2 Velcro Strips, adh. 2 sides, 10-pack @ 14.65 = 29.30

1 Velcro Strips, adh. 2 sides, 2-pack @ 3.25 = 3.25

1 8 oz can HH-66 Vinyl Contact Cement @ 8.50 = 8.50

1 2" Maple Roller (Free w/ 60+ CLD Tiles) N/C

Sub Total: $485.43

Shipping for MLV: 99.17

Shipping for Balance: 64.62

Total: $649.22

Without CLD Tiles:

Sub Total: $330.18

Shipping for Balance: 25.20

Total: $455.55

=======================

I hope this helps you our to quiet the ride.

James

If you are wanting to quiet the car a bit with as low a cost or weight gain as possible do it in stages.

1) add butyl tape into the top of the crash panels on the door, cover with some aluminum to keep dirt out. This will lower the resonance frequency of the door by splitting the single out skin into two separate panels for resonance purposes. (try it, I did it as a test to see if the guy at sounddeadenershowdown.com was right and it works a treat).

2) You can get 1 or two boxes of damplifier from Second Skin, to bring down panel resonance on the inner body panels. It only takes a 25% coverage to accomplish this. I will note I went with the thinner stuff they had (about 1/16" thick) and covered my entire floor pan, but I have a hatchback so my Fuel Tank acted as a sound amplifier into my cab. Since yours is a Coupe you would only need to block sound real well behind the driver seat. CLD, Closed Cell Foam and MLV would take care of that.

3) Lowes as a 1/4" thick closed cell foam mat that is designed to help avoid foot exhaustion for people who stand all day. Runs $4.14 per foot (3' wide), I think it took 8' to complete my entire cabin including up the firewall. Below is a copy of the materials qoute I got from Don Sambrook at Sound Deadener Showdown.

However I went with the matting from Lowes for my floor and the Second Skin option as they are here in Tucson. I skipped the MLV as it would add way to much weight to the car and would only be on the floors. There is not enough room on our doors for it and Don had mentioned if there is insufficient room to do the CCF rather than the MLV for effectiveness and water proofing. Also remember the cost I was looking as is for a Hatchback not a Coupe.

4 CLD Tiles

5.4 ft² MLV

5.4 ft² 1/8" CCF

With CLD Tiles:

Without CLD Tiles:

=======================

James

i can get CCF for free. its about a half inch thick in my case though. my friends dad found some huge rolls of it in a sports equipment factory's dumpster and he took it and they have a bunch left. i could probably put some under the seats, front and back. idk about the floor. i have a decent sized square of it so i can check out how it fits under carpet tomorrow. i might get something similar to the dynamat speaker kit for my door speakers and i'll put some of the same stuff in a big square in the middle of the door if thats possible with the reinforcing beam in there. what about getting rid of the vapor barrier? is it necessary to be there? all it seems to do is make a lot of noise in the door at certain frequencies with my door speakers in there.

4 CLD Tiles

5.4 ft² MLV

5.4 ft² 1/8" CCF

With CLD Tiles:

Without CLD Tiles:

=======================

James

i can get CCF for free. its about a half inch thick in my case though. my friends dad found some huge rolls of it in a sports equipment factory's dumpster and he took it and they have a bunch left. i could probably put some under the seats, front and back. idk about the floor. i have a decent sized square of it so i can check out how it fits under carpet tomorrow. i might get something similar to the dynamat speaker kit for my door speakers and i'll put some of the same stuff in a big square in the middle of the door if thats possible with the reinforcing beam in there. what about getting rid of the vapor barrier? is it necessary to be there? all it seems to do is make a lot of noise in the door at certain frequencies with my door speakers in there.

If you mean the plastic inside the door you can get rid of it but you would want something in there to prevent getting any water on the press board door covering. When I had a stereo in my car I made Kick Panel speaker holders. It is closer to equal distance to both speakers than door mounting and sounds better. You also do not need to worry about water getting on the speakers. How you do the sound proofing is ultimately up to you, half inch thick CCF will not fit the doors of course but would work well for the floorboard, but would be difficult to fit over the tunnel and still mount a center console, hand brake etc.

You could do the 1/2" CCF on floorboard, get some CLD tiles to completely cover the Transmission Tunnel, drape 1/8" CCF over the tunnel and have it overlap the 1/2" on the floorboard. This would provide a continuous Sound Barrier on the floor. The B210 definitely gets alot of its noise via panel resonance and transmission to the interior.

Start with finding any holes to the interior that are not plugged and close them up.

Make sure your Door and Window Rubber is good.

Run the 1/2" CCF to cover your entire Firewall, Floor Pan, Tranny Tunnel and behind the back seat.

Test and see how it sounds. If the noise is reduced you can go from there, perhaps adding the CLD Tiles to the roof, Transmission Tunnel, and using Butyl Tape on the Crash Panels in the door, cracks over wheel wells.

The fresh air vents on the right and left let in a lot of noise from outside, you might plug those with blocking plates.