"Datsunami" 510 SR23DET S14 Build.... SR-TITTY-THREE!

What are the advantages of these over normal wrenches?

they look stout and don't have the angle off bend of a normal wrench, plus every size has an offset for hard to reach angles. probably eliminates flex from normal open end wrenches, and reduces the need for box ends in tight situations.... im just observing.. i dont know for sure... they look cool and innovative tho!

They look very nice.

If they are Aluminum (which I'm damn sure they are) they are generally good for use on anodized fittings as they don't scratch them like a steel spanner would.

Either way, very pretty and now on my wish list (I wonder if they'll ship to here?)

These are used for aluminum -AN fittings and eliminate or reduce marring the expensive fittings.

I have allot of -8an fitting for my fuel system and needed a good set of wenches.

Yes, they are very stout and made in the USA!

Powerblock TV recommended them and they were only $59.99 for the whole set.

Most often you need 2 of the same size to tighten the AN fittings so what is cool is that there is 2 sizes per set.

It's like buying 2 sets for the price of 1 :thumbsup:

They are at the site http://www.gorillatools.com/ or on eBay where I got them for $5 shipping and also got my eBay Bucks too.

Also, email the seller and ask for a few dollars off. I ALWAYS do that first and most often they'll do it.

When they say they will, just do the buy it now and don't pay right away. click "ask the seller for total" or email the seller and ask for an invoice if you are paying with Paypal.

I am sure everyone already knows this tho :)

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your car is looking amazing... can't wait to see it running :)

Thanks for posting a link to where you go the wrenches too. I need some and will be purchasing them as well. Super handy to have.. and the more time/money i spend on my car, the more ends up being AN fittings.

The characters on the bolts look like katakana to me, because they are so angular, but i could be wrong since I haven't spoken or written japanese since high school.

FWIW: Katakana is used for words outside of the japanese language, while hiragana are used for japanese words.

• Like 1

Your car is looking amazing... can't wait to see it running :)

Thanks for posting a link to where you go the wrenches too. I need some and will be purchasing them as well. Super handy to have.. and the more time/money i spend on my car, the more ends up being AN fittings.

The characters on the bolts look like katakana to me, because they are so angular, but i could be wrong since I haven't spoken or written japanese since high school.

FWIW: Katakana is used for words outside of the japanese language, while hiragana are used for japanese words.

Thanks, I can't wait to see it running as well. I am actually very impatient about it but am forcing myself to take my time so that I do not run into any issues...

And not a problem sharing the link. The wrenches are a great buy. Allot of single sided kits were 5 piece sets for about $45. You often need 2 wrenches to tighten your fittings. That means $90 for 2 kits and you have to store 10 pieces in your tool box. This kit covers 6 sizes, have an opposed offset head for each size and consists of only 6 wrenches to store in your tool box. A great buy for $60.... :thumbup:

What is FWIW?

Geeze, I hate buying specialty tool cause I don't use them that often but I thought this would help allot.

I have done lots of braided fuel line and AN fittings and I it has been a arduous task every time.

So I picked up this Braided Hose Assembly Tool to help install the braided hose into the fitting.

What you do is split it open, insert your an fitting and close it back up.

It has a funnel like entrance that guides the braided hose into the AN fitting without fraying.

I think it will save me allot of Time, Headaches and Blood!

Has anyone here ever used one?

KOULANFITTINGTOOL.jpg

(http://www.summitrac...KTS-8/?rtype=10)

Might pick that up too. I pay someone to make my lines because I can never get them to fit right.

I know how you feel... I'm taking a break right now as well to make sure i stop rushing stuff. And to be honest, it gave me a minute to think about exactly what i want to do to the motor... i sort of rushed in some areas and now am paying for that.

Definitely keep up the super high quality work. It shows and it's ALWAYS worth it in the long run :)

• Like 1

Thanks Biscuit, you always reassure that I am heading in the right direction or at the very least, keeping me honest.

I am going to take this weekend off and hang with my girls. You are right, It does give your mind a minute to think things thru.

Although I am still on a budget, I want to do a QUALITY job. And to do that, you got to think clearly.

Thanks mang!!

• Like 2

np. My main goal with my build was to pick the right parts and make sure everything was the highest quality too. I haven't necessarily shown that with the actual car... just the parts I put on (minus turbo.. he he he). To be honest after seeing your build I was like hmmm.... what happened to that "take my time" approach I had at the beginning?

I think because i was so close to driving it I said "F it". Anyway, carry on sir.

Yup, that's the hack Edwin/Edger Bravo that owned the car before me.

If they only knew what was going on beneath the facade.

Rear brake calipers welded straight onto the control arms, roll bar only bolted to the pan,

3 point harness' (1 sub and 2 shoulders) strapped to the,top of the main hoop, bent chinese

knockoff TSR ebay radiator (you can actually see it in that pic, fake brides that he passed off

as real, etc, etc, etc. The only thing legit were the 18" Racing Hart C4's..... But 18's on a 510. Another fail!

The list goes on and on.

Dont even get me started bro! I actually "RESCUED" this car from that fool like PETA does for animals!

• Like 1