Just about had it with fuel system and truck

1lo620

Ok so I had gotten my chop top running, it was driving thought all was well. then started to make sqealing noize (another post) so I went out to try to start it and try to figure out what the noise was..Truck wont start...so I check normal stuff, and filter is really dirty and had crap in it..So I thought ok change out fuel fliter which I did..Still nothing....ok so I took my little fuel bottle and bypassed the fuel line to the tank...(thanks pumpkin dave for teaching me that trick) truck starts and runs off the little bottle of fuel..So I am thinking clogged fuel line. So I blue the line out...still nothing, primed the fuel line nothing...But it does run on the little bottle by passing the gas tank..what the hell am I missing...

The truck has sat for a long ass time, am I dealing with shit in the tank? I am not a real top mechanical person. I can do minor stuff....Dave helps when he can...But I am very frustrated and tired of dealing with this crap...any help would be cool...still need to find the sqeeling noise...AHHHH Projects...thx guys

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the fuel pump is working, I can take a small can of gas pull the fuel line that goes to the fuel tank, stick it in the small gas can and the truck will run...it is something between the fuel filter and the tank...it is probly crap in fuel tank clogging the lines...

the fuel pump is working, I can take a small can of gas pull the fuel line that goes to the fuel tank, stick it in the small gas can and the truck will run...it is something between the fuel filter and the tank...it is probly crap in fuel tank clogging the lines...

Ahh gotcha, I was thinkin' a bottle bypass to the carb, not from the tank by your description.. my bad.. yeah prolly junk blocking the pickup in the tank.

My 521 sat for aboot 3 yrs during rebuild period. Gas in tank got shitty and plugged up filter. Some of it got into carb as well. I took carb apart and cleaned out the black sheet that had clogged the jets. I drained fuel tank, and I now run 2 filters. One in the normal spot and one just before the carb.