f/s datsun 510/610 rear disc brake kit

this is a rear disc brake set up for the 510/610. i brought these brackets from a member on here for $100. i sourced out the rest of the items needed to complete this kit. i just never got around to completing the install. the calipers are from a 86 maxima. the rotors are from a 82 200sx.

the calipers need to be rebuilt. the rebuilt kits are included. i have both rotors,but only 1 is in the pic. and the pad kit is somewhere in the garage.i even have half of the e-brake cable that i cut to adapt on. calipers are already cleaned. Everything for $125 plus shipping. from florida SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SOLD

angels11211031.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a rear disc brake set up for the 510/610. i brought these brackets from a member on here for $100. i sourced out the rest of the items needed to complete this kit. i just never got around to completing the install. the calipers are from a 86 maxima. the rotors are from a 82 200sx.

the calipers need to be rebuilt. the rebuilt kits are included. i have both rotors,but only 1 is in the pic. and the pad kit is somewhere in the garage.i even have half of the e-brake cable that i cut to adapt on. calipers are already cleaned. Everything for $125 plus shipping. from florida

angels11211031.jpg

Hi - Warren in Oceanside, Cali...I'm interested in the brake assembly. Do you know if this requires a power booster? Could you call me at your convenience please?

760-583-5839

THANKS!

Warren

• 2 weeks later...

To anybody who wanted to get this kit and didn't, don't feel too bad. I got the kit and when it arrived, I found that the caliper pistons were pitted and unusable, despite coming with rebuild kits. :(

The cheapest I've found these are $60/ea elsewhere, so to complete the kit is still gonna cost as much as I got the rest of the kit for.

To anybody who wanted to get this kit and didn't, don't feel too bad. I got the kit and when it arrived, I found that the caliper pistons were pitted and unusable, despite coming with rebuild kits. :(

The cheapest I've found these are $60/ea elsewhere, so to complete the kit is still gonna cost as much as I got the rest of the kit for.

The pistons, or the cylinders? Pistons are replaceable and will even still work being pitted.

The pistons, or the cylinders? Pistons are replaceable and will even still work being pitted.

The pistons. I am pretty sure that the pistons have to be good and smooth.. otherwise the seals won't be able to do their job.

Photo2014.jpg

Looked all over online for replacement pistons. Whether I'm getting the complete caliper or just the piston, it looks like I'm not going to avoid going to the wrecking yard. <_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.