Wanted: 521 equalizer

unseen

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if this is something that should be known, but what the hell is an equalizer? Is it, by chance, this metal bracket in the e-brake line, or am I totally off base with that thought? Just figured it was work asking since people have been looking, but no one is answering you. :D

ebrake2.jpg

A lot more parts that you would think are still available from Nissan. Some parts guys at Nissan dealerships are really happy to help you, some are completely baffled by having to look up something not on the computer, in books.

Do a little homework, and have a part number ready. Tell the parts guy the year, and the model of the car or truck you are looking for parts for. Then tell them the part number.

In most cases, the old part number will be in the computer, but probably superseded with a newer part number.

This will help you find the part number.

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsun520/Datsun520521Index.aspx

• Like 1

Sorry if this is something that should be known, but what the hell is an equalizer? Is it, by chance, this metal bracket in the e-brake line, or am I totally off base with that thought? Just figured it was work asking since people have been looking, but no one is answering you. :D

ebrake2.jpg

DatWifey asked if this is the part you are looking for, is it?

I'm pretty sure it's the same as the piece that's on our 510, but let me go check.

EDIT: Nope, it's completely different. It should be relatively easy to source one from a junkyard though when a 521 pops up. Or are you looking for new?

Thanks Wayno :)

I have what you want, but it seems like someone closer would also have it, check your local wrecking yards for a 320/520/521, if none of them have what you need, PM me. Please take a look around down there first, and I would suggest that if you find one and the rear e-brake cables are good, grab them also, I know it is a pain to pull them, but it is a bigger pain trying to find new ones.

I have what you want, but it seems like someone closer would also have it, check your local wrecking yards for a 320/520/521, if none of them have what you need, PM me. Please take a look around down there first, and I would suggest that if you find one and the rear e-brake cables are good, grab them also, I know it is a pain to pull them, but it is a bigger pain trying to find new ones.

thank you ! ill have a look around, thanks for the brake line tip!