620 Rear End Swaying

Radim

Usually does it above 40, does it when i gas on/off... the rear sways and it's pretty noticeable just curious if anyone would happen to know what the problem is?

It has poly leaf spring bushings, fresh differential oil, and lowered 3".

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it has lowering blocks make sure they're tight. I've seen blocks tip over from being installed loose and the hoop nuts backed off. The more lift or lower you go with blocks, the more sway you'll get since the axle is supposed to be almost right on the springs. It may be time to start thinking about a swaybar if that's the case.

If you just lowered it by dearching the springs or removing leaves, that's what you get by making them softer. A sway bar or stiffer shocks might help.

• Like 1

doesn't seem to be your issue, but when I popped the clutch at 6000 rpm at a dead stop to get away from a crazy drunk that seemed to have a gun that my friend flipped off running cop pursuit tires (eagle gt +4's) after a completely badass suck you into the seat like being released from a loaded spring acceleration, my rear end swayed (like it was doing circles) 5 speed front end, auto rear end (tall gears). Hope it's just some shocks or bushings. Only you know if you've pushed your 620 to the extreme. btw still traded it for a perfect body 2 door 510 project before anything completely broke :)

... when I popped the clutch at 6000 rpm at a dead stop to get away from a crazy drunk that seemed to have a gun that my friend flipped off running cop pursuit tires (eagle gt +4's) after a completely badass suck you into the seat like being released from a loaded spring acceleration...

:huh: