More weber questions

Hello. Think my 32/36 that came on my 620 has a bad needle seat. Getting too much fuel I do belive. Ive been looking for one on the typical places, and cant find one that looks like this one.

This is the best pic I could get.

021-1.jpg

Mine has a red rubber end which I see ones like this, but mine has a ball on the end where the float tab hits. This ball moves in and out with what feels like spring resistance.

I cant find any pics or prices on redlineweber, and flea bay is a crap shoot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

And what size is it? 1.75??

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. So the size does not matter as long as the seat and needle are a matched set??? The rubber end on mine has cracking on one side. Not sure how old this carb is but I would guess at least 7 years old.

Jeff

Idk if the size would matter. As of right now I've found 2 matching sets, both 200. Where's the red rubber you talk about?

Just the point that seats at the top on the needle. Your pic has a black one. Also, I see a standard and a Viton Performance needle & seat listed on the redlineweber site. Any clues as to the difference?

And I see in your pic the roller ball on the other end of the needle and on a couple of ebay listings. Whats up with that?

Thanks Again

Jeff

http://s888.photobucket.com/albums/ac86/bilzbobaggins/?action=view&current=043.mp4

Sorry for this video, was best I could do. This is with a ei dizzy and the original weber carb. This is the result. And valve adjustments. Will post more details after dinner.

Jeff

Back from dinner. Truck will run and start. Carb had a electric idle cut on it, if thats what its called. Truck will run the same whether its powered or not. Ive maxed the timing adjustment out on the dizzy. Its backfiring as well. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

JEff

So I did more searching last night and came aross a post from last year. Is my IC solenoid supposed to have a Jet on the end like this pic I borrowed?

43914060ba.jpg

If so, mine never got to me. Could this explain the video above with all the backfireing? Would make it run like shit like mine is.

Thanks

Jeff