4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive - REWIND! Again!!!

fairlady66

Dear Datsun Owners,

The 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive is coming up on November 6th at the Riverside Interntional Automotive Museum. We have a great time planed for all. Bring a Toy and help make the holidays bright for the children at Loma Linda University Children's Hospital.

As you know our main goal with this event has always been first to gather toys for the children at Loma Linda University Children's Hospital, and second to show off our Datsuns and get together with some of the best people around - Datsun Owners. That has not changed!

However, we did have to make a few changes to the SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive this year. With the economy being what it is and so many people having a difficult time our registration is way down to the point that if we wait it out to see how many register we will not have time to get awards and T-Shirts made. So we made the following changes to this years event and so far they have been well received.

The 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive goes on as planed, however, this year it will not be a competitive show, there is no registration fee this year, however we will be accepting donations. The Awards this year will be for 1st through 3rd for Over All Show, Diamond in the Rough (given to the roughest Datsun with the most potential), Museum's Choice Award, and Best of Show Trophy. Register on site after being parked T-shirts will be for sale and raffel tickets the day of the event.

Everything else is pretty much the same, open to all Classic Datsuns and ALL Z Cars, everyone entering the gate must bring a toy, there will be food, vendors, raffles, music, and Loma Linda University Children's Hospital will be joining us this year as will Mr & Mrs Santa Claus so spread the word to bring the children out to meet Santa and Mrs Claus between 12:00 and 3:00pm, and a group of legendary race car drivers for you to meet, talk to and get autographs and pictures.

FREE Dash Plaques to the first 50 Datsuns that show up with a Toy.

Thank you for your support and dedication to the SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drives! We look forward to seeing you November 6th at the Riverside International Automotive Museum for the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive

you can downlaod the new flyer at www.socalroc.net

Mark your Calendar!

One of our sponsors just announced that we will once again be raffling off a brand new Craftsman 26 inch Wide 4-Drawer Tool Chest

We have more great raffle prizes coming in, you won't want to miss this year's event!

Raffles prizes from Lucas Oil, Mother's Polishes, Mautofied Classifieds, Hemmings Motor News and Much, Much More!

We look forward to seeing you November 6, 2011 10:00am - 3:00pm at

the Riverside International Automotive Museum

815 Marlborough, Suite 200—Riverside, CA 92507

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We just got word from one of our sponsors that we will once again be raffling off a brand new

Craftsman 26 inch Wide 4-Drawer Tool Chest

We have more coming in, you won't want to miss this year's event!

Raffles prizes from Lucas Oil, Mother's Polishes, Mautofied Classifieds, Hemmings Motor News and Much, Much More!

Forgive my ignorance...I know there is no longer a fee but is there still some type of registration requirement or just show-up?

Yeah. I think they want you to let them know. Just so they know how many cars are going to show up.

Forgive my ignorance...I know there is no longer a fee but is there still some type of registration requirement or just show-up?

The registration fee is only waived for this year.

This year all you have to do is show up! (giving us a heads up wuld be good). but Dash Plaques only go to the first 50 Datsuns (1983 or older) though ALl new Z cars are welcome

Donations are accepted log onto www.socalroc.net

Be sure to read the original posting at the top of this page. As of October 18th there are new changes - We WILL be giving out Awards!

is miss double D going to be thererolleyes.gif

and can i be a vendor i make parts for datsuns

is miss double D going to be thererolleyes.gif

and can i be a vendor i make parts for datsuns

I tried to send you a pm but a pop up says you can not receive new message. contact me via email please.

chris@socalroc.net

Okay! We just decided to lift the “Must be driven to event” clause for the Diamond in the Rough category.

So, if you have a Rough Datsun that you want to show off, if you can drive it, push it, tow it or drag it then it need to be at the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive!

See you on November 6th !

www.socalroc.net

Well it looks like we have great weather scheduled for November 6th for the 4th Annual Show-&-Shine Toy Drive. In the 80's with sunny skies.

We are looking forward to seeing all of out at the Riverside International Automotive Museum 10:00am - 3:00pm

REMINDER:

This coming Sunday November 6, 2011 at 2:00am marks the end of Day Light Savings Time, we set our clocks back and hour- if you don't set your clocks back an hour then you will find yourself an hour early for the 4th Annual SoCalROC Show-&-Shine Toy Drive at the Riverside International Automotive Museum. Although, if you are early we won't mind, more time to hang out and enjoy the cars. Oh, don't forget to pick up a toy to bring with you. ALL Toys need to be unwrapped.

We are looking forward to seeing a lot of Datsuns - early or not - just bring your Datsun and a toy and be sure to tell your family and friends.

We have Raffles, Food, Music, Vendors, Santa Claus, and lots of Fun!

Among other things we will be raffling off some BRE Mitty posters autographed by Peter Brock and a new 3 drawer Craftsman roll away tool chest

For full details log onto: www.socalroc.net