Autopower Roll Bar

Boaty

Hey everybody.

I was tossing around the idea of getting one of those Autopower roll bars when the 510 goes in for body and paint.

Do any of you have any detailed pictures on how they are bolted in and such? I've seen them a million times but never paid any attention to detail.

I'd like to check it out and such. If any of you have a 2-door with one, would it be too much to ask if you can take a few pictures? I'd like to see how far they set back and how much room it gives you around the seat area. I'm 6' tall so having the seat all the way forward isn't going to be an option. Do they have good provisioning for a 4-point harness setup?

I did a search on Ratsun and didn't come up with any real good pics, mostly from old ( >2 year old threads) and some of the pictures aren't hosted anymore.

It's no big rush, but I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Indy!

@DISLEXICDIME - I would, but you find me somebody that's going to build me a nicely tucked bar/cage for <$400, and I'm sold!

If I had enough money, I would either be bringing my dime down to Troy Ermish and have him do a full cage with door bars, or I'd take it to Byron Meston and have him do one of his $5K integrated cages.

More money than I'm willing to spend on a car I have no interest in dedicating to the track.

More money than I have

... I need moar money :(

hi steve :D

heres pictures of mine.that i just took and some that i took from my build thread....sorry they are crappy.!! its starting to rain..its pretty dark...lemme know if you want other pictures :)

i have a 4 point harness too..

image-6.jpg

DSC05841.jpg

seatbelts connected to the back by the gas tank

image.jpg

the top is connected to the rear well...is that what its called?...rear well hahah

image-5.jpg

this is the drivers side . thats where the bottom of the roll cage bolts down to and the seatbelt on the left side ...and thats how much space i have between the back seat and my seat scooted all the way up... .( im short.)

1010110850a.jpg

this is driver side ...where the other side of the belt is bolted down (which is right behind my seat)

1010110854.jpg

drivers side seat belt bolted down to the back

image-2.jpg

both sides bolted down..in front of gas tank

image-3.jpg

Hey Jen,

do you happen to know what bar you have? That doesn't look like an autopower bar, at least none that I see. Similar, but you have the cross bar that goes behind BOTH front seats, the AP bars I've seen only have that on the driver's side. I like yours, in fact I may just steal it out of your dime while you are sleeping.

And you are small, so you won't put up much of a fight ;) Lol.

Hey Jen,

do you happen to know what bar you have? That doesn't look like an autopower bar, at least none that I see. Similar, but you have the cross bar that goes behind BOTH front seats, the AP bars I've seen only have that on the driver's side. I like yours, in fact I may just steal it out of your dime while you are sleeping.

And you are small, so you won't put up much of a fight ;) Lol.

hahah ill get you drunk and you won't put much of a fight either ;) hahaha i got a sticker on top..think its a sticker..it says autopower... came with the car :D

Yeah I plan to do reinforcements on the floorboard when it comes to that. The Rollbar thing is at a later date when I can afford to get the bitch painted. I'm just looking for some insight.

I have seen some people run crossbars on the floor with the autopower bars as well. Seemed to me like they "copied" the "drifter floor bar" that used to show up on eBay from time to time...

*shakes head*