r32 vlsd into 72 510?

Zfighter76

my buddy and i are working on my friends 510 ka-t project and weve been considering an r32 rear diff that we found. anyone know what is needed to fit this into a 72 510? is this a difficult thing to do? as in harder than a subaru one like many install. is it like swapping the gears only? or what would be involved in this? the engine is going to be making 550-650 hp depending on the boost, so itll probably be necessary to put something big in it like this im assuming. thanks, any help is goodwink.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he has no budget really. itll have a cage, full coilovers, wide ass tires, i mean everything is beefed up its not like its going to be a stock 510 with loads of power. i told him it seems like a bit much but he wants it so i cant stop him haha. i mean 150 ish in a 280 is enough to scare some haha

my buddy and i are working on my friends 510 ka-t project and weve been considering an r32 rear diff that we found. anyone know what is needed to fit this into a 72 510? is this a difficult thing to do? as in harder than a subaru one like many install. is it like swapping the gears only? or what would be involved in this? the engine is going to be making 550-650 hp depending on the boost, so itll probably be necessary to put something big in it like this im assuming. thanks, any help is goodwink.gif

550HP??? roll cage? disk brakes? wtf? :blink:

he has alot of money haha. i wish i could throw that kind money at my truck, but, sadly, im just another unemployed ratsun'r who borrows, bargains, and trades lol. he just sold his 2005 accord for 13,500$ to build his 510, on top of the thousands he already has lol. the cage will be last though, suspension first, engine second, brakes will probably be first with the suspension. and a ka24de with full forged and counterweighted crank, forged rods, pistons, bored over and stroked, and with a fat ass gtx35 turbo or some bullshit like that, donnt know the actual number though. with 14 lbs of boost itll make like 550 hp and 20 lbs (its efficiency range) like 650 hp. thats what its all been calculated at and others who have the same setup make that consistently in daily drivers haha.