Installing rear window in regular cab 620

620fever

Hey guys I bought a replacement rear window for my 77' 620, I've never installed a window before but would like to try to do it myself. From what I've read getting the window in shouldn't be too much trouble but I'm not exactly sure how to get the window out. I'd like to try to reuse the old window seal if possible, it seems like it's in good shape not dry rotted or anything, if anybody has any experience with this or any input it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside the cab, pull down on the edge of the gasket in the driver's upper corner. You can do this by yourself but an extra hand helps at the start. Pull inward on the side and downward on the top while pushing out in the upper corner of the glass with the palm of your hand. You'll see the glass dislodge and move slightly outward along with a small amount of gasket. Move further towards the middle, pulling down on the gasket while gently pushing outward just below it. Go back up into the corner and begin again pulling down from the top and in from the side, all the time pushing outward on the glass. Work your way along the top to 3/4s. By now the glass and gasket in the corner are definitely starting to move outside the cab. You'll notice the glass will flex slightly that's fine just be cautious. By the time you get to the pass side corner and start going down that side, the driver's side corner will be outside. Take your time, little by little the gasket will move outside the cab with the glass. The top will tilt outward as the two sides are pulled in and pushed out from the inside. The bottom doesn't need any help. If you have the top out and the sides almost out the glass should almost be free to lift up and out of the lower part of the gasket.

You might try a bottom corner too. Either will work.

i also sell them for 29.95 plus shipping, usually cost about 10.95-14.95 for shipping, depending on where you live, may be less, will have more in stock next week, replacing the gasket is better as stated by others, also gives piece of mind to no leaks in the future and no cracks or breakage in the gasket from being to old, and provides a good seal against water or air leaks, let me know, tom