So I'm using a service manual as art

a while back a I bought a grabbag of roadster parts, amongst the parts I was surprised to find an actual Nissan factory manual for my roadster.. The manual pages are in perfect shape but the manual has come apart so I'm gonna frame all the fancy diagrams of parts of the car and use it as art around the house. Any of you guys do this? I'll get some OIC's when I get them framed.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a while back a I bought a grabbag of roadster parts, amongst the parts I was surprised to find an actual Nissan factory manual for my roadster.. The manual pages are in perfect shape but the manual has come apart so I'm gonna frame all the fancy diagrams of parts of the car and use it as art around the house. Any of you guys do this? I'll get some OIC's when I get them framed.

Hopefully the pages are all yellowed and aged, then you could get a huge frame, some black felt as a backing, and arrange multiple pages of similar content in one big frame. I have a blue print of a Rolls-Royce 'Merlin 1' air plane engine on my wall. I think I'm going to get it replaced though, I ripped it and was stupid and taped the FRONT side of the blueprint instead of the back. So now there is this big shiny stripe in the print. Otherwise it looks badass. Maybe I can figure out a way to remove the tape without destroying the print and then just take the backside like I should have in the first place. :)

Here's the print: http://aviationshoppe.com/rolls-royce-v12-aero-engine-merlini-p-253.html

Hopefully the pages are all yellowed and aged, then you could get a huge frame, some black felt as a backing, and arrange multiple pages of similar content in one big frame. I have a blue print of a Rolls-Royce 'Merlin 1' air plane engine on my wall. I think I'm going to get it replaced though, I ripped it and was stupid and taped the FRONT side of the blueprint instead of the back. So now there is this big shiny stripe in the print. Otherwise it looks badass. Maybe I can figure out a way to remove the tape without destroying the print and then just take the backside like I should have in the first place. :)

Here's the print: http://aviationshoppe.com/rolls-royce-v12-aero-engine-merlini-p-253.html

They suprisingly are barely aged, but will be framing them quite good