flat black or rust?

sorry i guess pictures will have to wait. just got my new computer (well, old mac but new to me.) but i need to install the update so i can get the new yahoo email. :( ill figure it out in the next few days. well, anyways, another update, i got some new tires today bf goodrich g force 195 60 14. they look sweet and i cant wait to get my throttle cable, electric fan, and new fuel pump, and route my exhaust. then i can get it registered and have some fun ( oh yes there will be burnout videos trust me) ;)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

today i got allot of work done, got all the lights functioning. the high beam/low beam switch was fubar'd so i just hooked up a switch to ground and to the harness wire (green) and not i turn them on via toggle switch, also replaced all fuses, bulbs, and got the fuel pump and fan hooked up to a hot wire, which turns on when the ignition switch is in the on position. cleaned up all the wiring, mounted the coils, fuses, and tuned up the carbs, (need new soft gaskets. also found out that my manifolds for the dcoe's are made by hks. pretty cool i guess, didnt realize that before. i got all that done, ready to go on a drive, and i pushed my clutch n only to find that it went straight to the floor. upon inspection the slave cylinder was leaking badly, just squirting out perfusely so i guess ill borrow the one off the z car for now ;) also, not sure yet if this is related because it was dark when this happened, but i tried to start it in gear to put it home but in first, when i cranked it over, it didnt move, maybe the slave is somehow stuck open? i dunno, i think that pin may have fallen how(coming from the slave cylinder pushing on the clutch fork. any advice on this it puzzles me, maybe i just need to look at it better in the day. thats it for now, sorry again for the lack of pics but i have been busy and still cant post on this stupid computer. <_<

club.jpg

my friend with his ratsun esque bug are starting a club, and going to sell t shirts, and use the company to get a tax write off, saying that our cars are company cars cool.gif plus we get to make and sell rad t shirts

club is called "somethin from nothin" due to both of us having cars with grim futures, but were saving them haha, and making them cooler than priuses, god id never own one, pollution sounds and smells tooo good

3inchblocks.jpg

3 inch blocks, not low enough, might put some 1 inchers on there and raise carrier bearing. also thinking about indexing the torsions and using air shocks so i can rais it but also have it slammmmmmed. going to have the whole thing on air shocks actually, though i should mention that, if i do go that way is it bad to remove the bottom two "helper leaves"? they are like a half inch thick haha

naw carburated all day haha. its a 2276 with drd L7.5 heads, dual 48 ida webers, fully matched scat track manifolds, 10.2:1 compression, forged everything, full flow, 9 qt setup cool.gif 220 hp on 91 octane (may need to run a quarter tank race gas, not sure) fk89 cam

naw carburated all day haha. its a 2276 with drd L7.5 heads, dual 48 ida webers, fully matched scat track manifolds, 10.2:1 compression, forged everything, full flow, 9 qt setup cool.gif 220 hp on 91 octane (may need to run a quarter tank race gas, not sure) fk89 cam

Very nice, the motor look super clean wish I had more money to build mine a bit more.

but you can build a very fast motor with limited funds. build a 1914 with dual 34 icts, or 44 dcnf, and a 130 cam, some cb heads, dont waste that money on fuel injection its a pain in the ass and it doesnt run right, also dont waste money on mahle pistons, get aa pistons, 150$ cheaper, and good enough for <200hp. youll make 160 easy with a good tune and a 009 dizzy. thatll smoke the tires, and smoke subies, and porsches, and mustangs, and datsuns, and any ricer, evo or even mayyyyyybe some vetted on the street. this one im building will smoke ferraris no problem, right around 10 second quarter mile and an extremely quick eighth. 220hp in a 1300 lb car is a good combo, scary but good

fuelpump.jpg

and my fuel pump setup, this ties the stock choke "hot when ignition is on" to my fan and fuel pump through the relay so i get enough power thoughi am just using the choke wire. all the other wires that dont have a need on this engine i ziptie and tucked away somewhere to make the bay look cleaner. i need to clean up my super messy ignition wires next. this 8 plug system is kinda difficult, cleanliness wize and tuning wise. i dont know if its the problem but it kinda runs rough, i synched the carbs as good as i know how. if anyone wants the l16 block that came out, with dizzy, fuel pan, and im sure the case is still good, just needs a good honing and new pistos. ill give you the cam, and the corroded l20 head for 30$ if you come pick it up, no shipping. also im selling my grill, im going to make one, my friend said to ask 200$, its in awesome shape, not sure what theyre worth, but i did find one going for that much on ebay. also i have the original carb, needs rebuilding, 50$? d