headlight wiring harness

hey everyone I'm looking for a complete headlight harness for my 75 sedan 710, please Pm me if you got one laying around and looking to get rid off, I need one ASAP... prefer local pick ups within 40miles south or north of san jose or san Francisco.

thank you in advance.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in my opinion you would be better off using one of the good outer sockets to power some relays, and running new wires to the sockets straight from the battery(with a fuse near it of course). my stock wiring was so weak at this point the passenger side light barely lit up at all, though to be fair some previous owner had ghetto rigged it pretty bad. you can get the headlight sockets for like $3 at any auto parts store, just use a multimeter to test which wire is turning on when you are on low/high beam and hook them up to relays accordingly.

thanks for the inputs, the main reason why I was trying to find the harness it self is because I believe that the blinkers are also attached to that missing harness. I would like to have the blinkers working properly with the apropriate switches. And I think that the harness also has the wire for the coil, which I am sure I figure out another way to wire it.

There is no factory "headlight harness" instead it is part of the engine room harness.

Yeah I guess what I am missing is the section that plugs to the headlights, corner lights and signals. I guess when the car returned from paint, this section might have been lost or so. I am really tempting to get it out of my wagon but.... I am hoping to just find another piece of the harness locally. Otherwise I will be rigging something else.

ok so I couldn't get the pictures tonight... too tired to do anything plus it was damn hot today. is anyone interested or has a complete wiring harness for a 710 sedan laying around that wants to sell? please contact me. either the whole wiring harness or just the front portion(headlifhtz, side marker, signals, etc

ok so I couldn't get the pictures tonight... too tired to do anything plus it was damn hot today. is anyone interested or has a complete wiring harness for a 710 sedan laying around that wants to sell? please contact me. either the whole wiring harness or just the front portion(headlifhtz, side marker, signals, etc

I have the headlight, side marker, and signal portion from a 610 laying around, hence my question... :rolleyes:

tdaaj can hook you up. He has part and He will ship!

but I would think those light wires are with the main harness, unless they have built in connection form the factory.

personally anytime one removes wire for paint they should make it IDIOT proof and labol them anyways.

Seems to be a common trait amounst datsun owners.

Yeah unfortunately I did not prep the car myself.... I was trying to make a long story short, but yeah I wonder if the guy who painted just threw the harness away.

Oh well fortunately tdaaj and all you guys helping me out , will assist me my car to be closer to get it done.

There is no factory "headlight harness" instead it is part of the engine room harness.

Yes but the headlight wiring (and likely the marker/signal/horns/choke heater and idle cut are included) does unplug from the main harness just behind the battery.

I have the headlight, side marker, and signal portion from a 610 laying around, hence my question... :rolleyes:

I think they are slightly different, because my friend had one laying around and it didn't seem like the connectors match. but I'll take a look at them today again in a few hours when the sun comes out, I hope we can get something cracking soon. gotta finish the car this weekend before my trip to Tahoe... damn time is crunching and jccs is around the corner.

thanks everyone for all your feedback, any other ideas are welcome :)

Mine is still available...Just let me know. And I could care if it gets hacked up in order to make another car work...this one is from my parts car...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.