Question for you guys

8 members have voted

1. 1. sc hanging out of the hood?

• Yes
    • No

I know some of you guys aren't too friendly towards miatas, but I'm installing the SC14 on the 1.6 for now in the miata so I can have it done for the roadster so it will be supercharged for I'm ready to swap engines in the miata.

Anyhow question is should I go ahead and cut a hole in the hood of the Miata to allow the supercharger to be further away from the header? If I install it under the hood I'm within an inch of the header and even with a heat shield I just don't like it when I could cut a hole and get a good 6 inch clearance from the header.

I just figure it will match up with the fact my miata is ratty as fuck already, plus with those Work Equip 01's will be installed along with it.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st off.. I love my Miata.. Nb here.. I dont think u should cut the hood just will look bad.. Post a oic of ur and how u want to cut it to check it out... Seems like u will get heat from not cutting the hole but have u seen a set up for it including an aftercooler?

So how much will u cut and how will u cover it up?

• Like 1

Also this hood has like a ton of hail damage on it, some as big as golfballs.

The photo makes it look cleaner then it is. The car has been keyed, I've spray painted over all the chips and various places metal showed through and the bumpers do not match the car.

img0244lq.jpg

I'm mostly on the fence on doing this as I have enough riceboys trying to race me.

Thats a tiny blower.... if your intake manifold is made for it, run a intercooler and a nice head exchanger up front.

if you don't mout it through the hood, ceramic coat the exhaust manifold.

Instead of just cutting the hood and letting the blower be seen sicking out, maybe make a cowl/bump to cover it. Leave it open on the back side so the heat will still leave the enging bay.

Ok.. just looked up the Sc14, and thats a pretty cool supercharger.. comes with a clutch and everything.. Cant wait to see it get installed.. Oics of ur sc14 and motor whre u want to install in... pls

of course, It would be pointless to do all that work and not take one OIC.

This engine is eventually going to end up in the roadster, when that happens the miata will see either a 1.8 or rotary swap.

• Like 1