Manure

KELMO

12 hours ago, goes2fast said:

I did get mine up to 97 in Nevada when I drove it home from purchasing in the Bay Area. It did have a 1400 and 5 speed though.

1 hour ago, goes2fast said:

It turns out that my memory isn't as good as I thought. I managed to find the photo that I took of the speedometer that night. I knew that someday I would need proof.

Honestly, any 1200 with a good A14/A15 and a 5 speed should be able to hit 95-100. I had a stock one (with a Weber 32/36, though) do 89, and my modified A15 had no trouble breaking 100 (barely). 

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, datsunfreak said:

Honestly, any 1200 with a good A14/A15 and a 5 speed should be able to hit 95-100. I had a stock one (with a Weber 32/36, though) do 89, and my modified A15 had no trouble breaking 100 (barely). 

Mine came with headers, and some odd Weber on it that had driveability issues so I replaced it with a DGV 32/36. The overdrive and a little downhill helped it get past 100. 😎

I ran across some leftover 1200 stuff that I need to send to you, if you can PM me your address?

8 hours ago, goes2fast said:

It turns out that my memory isn't as good as I thought. I managed to find the photo that I took of the speedometer that night. I knew that someday I would need proof.

TopEnd.jpg

Lol, I wasn't doubting you. Was just considering 97 to be a bit slow compared to what I used to do. The picture confirms.... also I seem to remember you can get the needle to wrap a bit more than that around too.