Manure

KELMO

So the green car is "ma newer" car and the white/primer is ma older car. Just picked up the green one this evening. Crappy cel oics, try for some better ones tomorrow.

green002.jpg

green001.jpg

Been sittin for about 2 years, needs brake work, alittle engine love, got some rust issues, you know all the usual stuff on old ride thats been sittin for a while. It drove to the house tho :P

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks GG....got a lot of work to do and have to decide which one is going to the Grand National in Arizona in October. Lots of extra parts come with this deal and it will be a couple weeks before I have them and get em sorted. So for now the primer one is the best candidate.

E brake is most likely aftermarket :lol: , gonna address that today along with some other small items. I like the primer one better too ( I think its just the ratsun mind set) The green one may well be a DD for the wife (ya I know right), she asked if she could drive it before I even got it, then last night she tells me she wants to drive it today....so I'm up early ;)

Should have some more oics up later today or tomorrow morning.

got one of those only it folds up, its black, and it OEM...can't remember the Part # tho...

More oics as promised.......

green011.jpg

Steelies that are for sale 10 bucks each + shipping tires are not worth it so will be dismounted

green014.jpg

Dog approved. We walked into the garage this AM and this one walked up and down sniffing.

green015.jpg

PB just crapped the bed on me....back in a minute.

:cool: Lets try this again...now I'm just a post whore :P

Datto floor mat

green006.jpg

Side comparo

green005.jpg

OK screw this it dumped again.

Edit: So, anyway, didn't get to post the oics of the oil slick left on the garage floor about 4" in diameter and took all of 3hours to appear. The other oic was of the engine bay, and every one would have seen the now famous way to hold your battery in with a bungee cord.....really? 20 to 30 bucks from your local Nissan dealer.....blows my mind...oh yeah, lots o' grease and dirt.

Changed oil to synthetic....no more smokey :D

adjusted E brake and rear drums....no more slide down the driveway with the E brake on...better stoppy :D

Wife is gonna help bleed the brakes tomorrow, then she's gonna drive it

got one of those only it folds up, its black, and it OEM...can't remember the Part # tho...

More oics as promised.......

green011.jpg

Steelies that are for sale 10 bucks each + shipping tires are not worth it so will be dismounted

green014.jpg

Dog approved. We walked into the garage this AM and this one walked up and down sniffing.

green015.jpg

PB just crapped the bed on me....back in a minute.

Nice KB110.I like steering wheel.

So for now I have a starter plan.

Bleed the brakes and check for improvement, needs front pads within the 1000 miles.

Drain and fill trans and diff with bras compatable fluid. Trans is NOT very happy on upshifts and really PISSED on down shifts ( hey its a 5 speed tho). These are a few things I can do that are rather easy and not time consuming ( or dollars either), so it can at least be driven.]

Engine has got to come out and at least be resealed if not re freshed...supposed to be getting enough parts to accomplish that. Engine is gonna have to wait as I am getting ready for the Datsun Classic show in AZ in Oct (see Events, Multi state grand datsun classic posted by fairlady66), and the other coupe is the one that is going.....too much work for this one and I'd hate to miss the show.

Really shouldn't post and several Somersalut Ales, this was a bitch :P

yeah Mike thats a good idea. Did a little spray down of the engine compartment this afternoon....I thought the resevoirs were just dirty. You can feel and hear it grinds a bit up shifting into 2nd and you can really feel it down shifting from 3rd to 2nd even with a little rev before droppin down. So it makes me wonder if baulk rings, bearings and shaft lock nuts are in my future. Seems I sold a lot of that stuff in the mid to late 80's for 5 speeds...we shall see.

green017.jpg

green018.jpg

So, couple oics for today...first is the wife after her maiden voyage in "her" first datsun, the second is the side of the trans...now the task of identifying (Mike are ya catchin this ;) )

Bled the brakes and the clutch today. also drained the trans. The trans fluid was kinda grey and nasty lookin, not a whole lot of shavings stuck to the drain plug but still having some shifting noise. I have to shift calmly from 1st to 2nd and then down shifting is still a grind but not as bad as before but close. Anyway, got motor leaking issues and carb issues also so still a lot of work to do on this one but in the meantime I have to get "ma older car" ready for the Arizona show in October...this kids gonna be busy :D

Hey boys and girls the search function works :P The trans (as near as I can tell) is a 5S5W60A.

I have deduced this after finding a thread after putting "60A transmission in the search function. Inside said thread I found a back and forth mostly between datzenmike and ggzilla that helped me figure out what I have. Reverse switch in the body of the trans and a verticle (sp?) drain plug.

Thanks you two :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

So today I took the seats outta the green one and put em in the grey one. Cut some pieces for the trunk...didn't take any oics, and just realized I should have posted this in the other build thread :blink:

• 2 months later...

So, now that the Multi-State Grand Datsun Classic is done I am finally getting around to the green car. Got the motor pulled today, will throw it on the stand next weekend and start the never ending search for parts :D