A14/ 5 speed dogleg

Looking to sell a low mile (under 5k) semi hot A14 engine and rebuilt 5 speed dogleg. Going to swap in a more modern motor. Engine currently installed and in fine running shape, so you can hear/drive before you buy. Here are the specs,

A14 block bored .040 over with ITM pistons. Block was magnafluxed and surfaced, crank was shot peened and polished, rods magnafluxed, shot peened, resized, and new rod bolts installed (Nissan) Rotating assembly balanced. New cam bearings (Durabond) installed. New lifters (Nissan). New rod and main bearings (Clevite), new Melling oil pump, new timing set. All new freeze plugs. Open chamber A12 head with valve job. New performance valve springs. New head bolts (Nissan) Have a good used A12 closed chamber head I was going to rebuild, add in A14 valves, and have ported, just never got to it. This motor specs out with 9.2:1 compression with the closed chamber head.

Trans is a rebuilt (new bearings/seals/syncros) 78'B210GX dogleg 5 speed. New Beck/Arnley clutch

The "good" stuff

Dale Elgin super lobe reground camshaft 280 advertised duration, 224 @ .050 108 lobe separation .420 lift

Nissan Competition Header for A12. Slightly modified to fit A14

Nissan Competition aluminum flywheel (Tilton)

EI dizzy (not currently installed)

Warneford single sidedraft manifold

Weber DCOE40 carb (still needs some jetting work)

Nissan Competition GX radiator (for some extra $$$)

When I built this , I spared little expense to build a nice, durable drivetrain. It's just now, almost 10 years later, I want something with more power and fuel injection (and maybe an automatic :o ). I have receipts for almost all parts/labor I have invested in this drivetrain and it amounts to well over $2500. I would like to sell the drivetrain (engine/trans) complete for $1000. Hell, I paid that for just the carb and flywheel! If after some time I get no takers, I will consider parting the drivetrain out, piece by piece.

2317656990070852740S500x500Q85.jpg

Mark

• Like 1
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

will you sell the manifold and carb alone??

Not at this point.

Do you happen to know if that carb/manifold will clear a B210 brake booster setup?

It would not clear the stock 1200 non power master, so I would think not.

Mark

Well, I have gotten a few people interested in the complete drivetrain, but no commitments for various reasons so I am willing to start listening to offers for components. I would still prefer to sell as a whole, but I need the money to fund the swap. So, if anyone is interested in the whole thing, last call. If you are interested in parts, please PM me to discuss.

Mark