four barrel intake . . .

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not-True...

I'd agree,but then we'd both be wrong.The thing is a door stop.THere is NOTHING that thing can do that a DGV can't.ANd the DGV or SU's will be a superior carb to any quad you put on it.Plus get better MPG's while doing it.

• Like 1

ima letchu both finish ,,,,,,,,,,,, then ima lolz ,,,,,,,,,,, as you all argue :lol:

I kid ,,, I kid ,,, I run a 390cfm Holley 4bbl on my Z-car ,,, I loved the preciseness of the SU's/Sound ,,, but the bushings were worn (tune every few days , and they were L24 SU's on an L28 which meant NO Top-End ,,, :rolleyes: ) ,,, I loved the performance of Weber 32/36's DGV's (Dual yes) ,,, mileage was a bit worse with the DGV's over the SU's for me at least ,,,

But ,,, I now run the 4bbl Holley 390cfm ,,, I truly enjoy not having to tune it as often as the DGV's or SU'S ,,, BUT ,,, that being said ,,, it will never run as precise as the SU's ,,, or the perfomance like the DGV's did for me ,,,

As a daily driver ,,, and as long as I don't race it ,,, I love it :D \

My carb guy ( that's built/repaired/rebuilt carbs for 30+ years ) says he CAN and WILL re-jet the 390cfm Holley for 4 bangers :huh: ,,, I have no knowledge of how , or how well it works :unsure: ,,, but haz had customers have it done for them and he said they were "satisfied" with them :)

The Dual SU's did sound the best to me ,,, out of the 3 carb sets ,,, and my exhaust set-up 6-2-1 header + 2.5" pipe all the way back ,,, :cool:

With ALL of that being said ,,, I am sure the Dual SU's would kick ass all around (daily driver status on my L28 not racing since they are a bit small ) ,,, if I bought the re-furbished set from Z-Therapy ,,, that would be my choice if I had the money :cool:

With ALL of that being said ,,, I am sure the Dual SU's would kick ass all around (daily driver status on my L28 not racing since they are a bit small ) ,,, if I bought the re-furbished set from Z-Therapy ,,, that would be my choice if I had the money :cool:

Wise choice.If SU's are "correct" to begin with,once they're set,you shouldn't have any "issues" with them.Anytime you make fuel/air mixture take 90 degree turns,it really,REALLY isn't a good thing.THat's why Holleys don't belong on inline engines.

Wise choice.If SU's are "correct" to begin with,once they're set,you shouldn't have any "issues" with them.Anytime you make fuel/air mixture take 90 degree turns,it really,REALLY isn't a good thing.THat's why Holleys don't belong on inline engines.

I completely agree with this ^^^ :D ,,,

I forgot ,,, that 90 degree bend ,,, I truly DO believe it can/will starve the outer cylinders with the extra span away from the motor versus the dual Carb set-up ,,, ( my car-tech intake manifold on my z-car places the carb farther away than the arizone z-car intake ,,, :mellow: :rolleyes: )

Plus ,,, no Offense to Holley ,,, but their carb body "castings" are shit "sometimes" :blink: :lol:

So ,,, again ,,, I amazed how "fine" the SU's are built (casting(s)/system),,, yet so very basic

Your correct Z-train :lol: ..,, :cool:

I truly DO believe it can/will starve the outer cylinders with the extra span away from the motor

Just a quick question on this statement... Where is the air that is not mixed with fuel coming from to starve it?

If there is no vacumme leaks...

I completely agree with this ^^^ :D ,,,

I forgot ,,, that 90 degree bend ,,, I truly DO believe it can/will starve the outer cylinders with the extra span away from the motor versus the dual Carb set-up ,,, ( my car-tech intake manifold on my z-car places the carb farther away than the arizone z-car intake ,,, :mellow: :rolleyes: )

Plus ,,, no Offense to Holley ,,, but their carb body "castings" are shit "sometimes" :blink: :lol:

So ,,, again ,,, I amazed how "fine" the SU's are built (casting(s)/system),,, yet so very basic

Your correct Z-train :lol: ..,, :cool:

Just need a real 390cfm race carb... very nice "castings"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.