off to oregon we go

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys crack me up

well after one hell of a ride we made it to la pine we spent most of the day unloading every one is dog ass tired but i figured ratsun should get an update

ok started off monday loaded the truck took us 11 hours to get everything stuffed where it needed to be didnt really sleep monday night due to my screwed up knee hurting got up early tuesday morning did the final cleaning didnt leave vacaville till 1pm with it dumping buckets outside driving down the road my bed came loose from where it was tied so we had to shove it in the suburban got back on the road till 7pm only stopping for fuel in weed california 10 minutes out of weed the trailor with the datto blows a tire uhaul wont pick up so they can come and fix it with there road side assistance so we pull the tiny spare from the infiniti and it was flat we limp to the next rest stop then took the new tire we bought for the mustang and bolted it on the trailor and the flat spare on the mustang we pull into klameth falls at 10:30 pm and fed ourselves and crashed at a hotel got up at 7 today and drove it into la pine got there at about 11am and unloaded the truck till 5 stuffed our faces and did a little more shuffling around

we have a lot of pics to upload but that will wait i now need to call and text all my friends to tell them that we are alive

Welcome to Oregon Bonvo!

La Pine is not bad...but yes, it is an old folks home. Unlike the Willamette Vally, you will get some sun. Expect some sage brush and desert...and guess what else? Pine trees. Snow in the winter, dry heat in the summer(at least any time I have been through there).

The only real bad thing about it is that for one of the faster ways to get to PDX area car shows, you will have to pass through sisters. Sisters is a parking lot when it comes to traffic flow(at least it used to be).

By the way, didn't Bend's property values,ect get wasted by the "economic downturn"? I haven't been over there in a few years, but a friend was saying the growth had slowed quite a bit and the main population left is trust fund kiddies...

alrighty who on ratsun is around here? i know one person is in la pine im willing to bet there are more in the la pine/ bend area i wanna meet som locals so i have something to do when im bored

not sure what exactly you mean where in la pine man your driving down 97 you blink you miss it lol but im on dawn which is off of day road really easy to get to from burdges rd

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Oregon Bonvo!

La Pine is not bad...but yes, it is an old folks home. Unlike the Willamette Vally, you will get some sun. Expect some sage brush and desert...and guess what else? Pine trees. Snow in the winter, dry heat in the summer(at least any time I have been through there).

The only real bad thing about it is that for one of the faster ways to get to PDX area car shows, you will have to pass through sisters. Sisters is a parking lot when it comes to traffic flow(at least it used to be).

By the way, didn't Bend's property values,ect get wasted by the "economic downturn"? I haven't been over there in a few years, but a friend was saying the growth had slowed quite a bit and the main population left is trust fund kiddies...

Bend went from boom to an instantaneous halt in the early 2000's.